Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2023, 4:39 pm

I just stumbled on this today but it's a really cool channel. It looks like she's just getting started but she has thousands of subscribers already and has this video with one other asking whether the court jesters of the medieval era were on the spectrum.

I'd agree with her that Hikikomori, and probably to a similar degree incel / femcel and a lot of other shut-ins are the result of unspoken societal eugenics albeit it's using the word 'eugenics' very loosely in the context that if life is a winner-take-all competition and only the competitive get to thrive (or at least those who want to live in constant competition) then people who experience themselves having broader views of the cosmos, broader views of what life means to them, really anything that doesn't optimize them for zero-sum competition, will throw them to the bottom of the status hierarchy - ND, NT, or otherwise. It could even get to where integrity itself is seen as a disability or autism-like personality disorder of a person 'overvaluing themselves' when we're supposed to believe that all life (including our own) is throw-away meat really only purposed for genetic contest and 'winning' by any means and at any cost.

Anyway if you're on Youtube and like what she's probing give her a like and subscribe.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Mrs.Gone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2023, 8:03 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
It could even get to where integrity itself is seen as a disability or autism-like personality disorder of a person 'overvaluing themselves' when we're supposed to believe that all life (including our own) is throw-away meat really only purposed for genetic contest and 'winning' by any means and at any cost.

I think that's where it's at already. Thanks for the link, will watch this later today. I had never heard of Hikikomori before.

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2023, 5:14 pm

From what I've read, it seems like acceptance of eugenics lasted a lot longer in Asia than it did in the West. Eugenics legislation in Japan, which allowed involuntary sterilization, only ended in 1996. On the other hand, eugenics mostly fell out of favor in the West after the Holocaust.