Looking like a pinhead at 140 pounds!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 5:00 pm

At my height of 5ft8 my dad commented that I looked like a ‘pinhead’ when I weighed 140-150 pounds 10 years ago.

The fact I looked like a pinhead at 140ish pounds does that mean that weight range was not really natural for me? Currently I weigh 170 pounds and I look broader and more powerful.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 5:49 pm

A lot of people of normal weight range look like 'pinheads'. You Dad sounds biased in the favour of heavier frames.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 7:20 pm

What does that even mean? Looking like a pinhead? My brain immediately goes to those hellraiser movies, but I know you don't mean that.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2023, 7:52 pm

It can mean that a person looks like they have a small head and sometimes a small body alongside that.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 12:03 am

Thank you for clarifying. I was lost for a minute there. So it's either a proportion thing or a general comment on 'scrawniness'. Alright.

As to the op, some people seem to they or others look more natural or better or whatever at a certain weight or build. My children are like that. Two of them think they look kinda weird when they are at a lower weight and the other two think they look odd at a heavier weight. Thing is though, people will all have different things to say about what's ideal. Best I have to say about it is to find where you are comfortable and where you feel best and go with that. You have to wake up every day as you. So long as you're healthy, that's what matters.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 8:25 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Thank you for clarifying. I was lost for a minute there. So it's either a proportion thing or a general comment on 'scrawniness'. Alright.

As to the op, some people seem to they or others look more natural or better or whatever at a certain weight or build. My children are like that. Two of them think they look kinda weird when they are at a lower weight and the other two think they look odd at a heavier weight. Thing is though, people will all have different things to say about what's ideal. Best I have to say about it is to find where you are comfortable and where you feel best and go with that. You have to wake up every day as you. So long as you're healthy, that's what matters.

I used to be a skinny kid, a skinny teenager, and a skinny young adult. But things have gone the opposite way, particularly in my thirties.

I prefer being on the heavier side, though not as heavy as I am now.

Lighter weights are associated with better health and have less of the risks of being overweight or obese, so there is that to consider.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 8:52 am

So if you have a tiny head on a large body you're a pinhead?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2023, 9:59 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
FleaOfTheChill wrote:

I used to be a skinny kid, a skinny teenager, and a skinny young adult. But things have gone the opposite way, particularly in my thirties.

I prefer being on the heavier side, though not as heavy as I am now.

Lighter weights are associated with better health and have less of the risks of being overweight or obese, so there is that to consider.

Well you can be just as healthy on the heavy side if it is mostly muscle

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2023, 7:07 am

babybird wrote:
So if you have a tiny head on a large body you're a pinhead?

I think that is the literal interpretation, yes. Although colloquially I have heard it being said to extend to small heads/small bodies.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2023, 4:51 pm

I googled "pinhead" and while it does seem to refer to people with disproportionate heads and bodies, the primary / original definition seems to refer to "appearing to be of low intelligence".