Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 12:24 am

So I applied for best buy, and then got an invitation to do a weird virtual interview thing...where you get prompted with a question and have to answer it on video. No person on the other side interviewing you. So I did that and it was so akward and pretty sure I just fumbled up a couple questions...but idk I was nervous the whole time, but I pushed through it and tried to give the best answers I could. So even if I don't get the job I certainly went way out of my comfort zone to do that video interview thing in spite of feeling anxious the whole time.

Like they say bravery is not avoiding feeling fear, it is doing what you need to in spite of that fear. And sure it wasn't a war battle or anything but I got through the thing in spite of my nervousness which I think is something I should be proud of even if I don't get this job.

Still though I feel embarrased about how nervous I was on the video and that now a real life person will watch it to decide if I should get a in person interview or not, I am sort of assuming I will never hear from them agian but if I do that will be a pleasant Suprise.'

But yeah between each question I did want to scream, I didn't but I wanted to. So that makes me think the post from a few days back of a person asking on the subreddit for the town I live in...if there are good places to just go scream where it won't disturb people doesn't seem so weird anymore. It's like hey if you've gotten any leads there may be some other fellow people that want to scream without disturbing people as well.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 4:50 am

The one way video interview that is recorded to be analyzed later is more common nowadays than it ever has been.

Screaming can be therapeutic. Don't be afraid to scream, unless you are in public, a situation which may require some self restraint.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 6:27 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
The one way video interview that is recorded to be analyzed later is more common nowadays than it ever has been.

Screaming can be therapeutic. Don't be afraid to scream, unless you are in public, a situation which may require some self restraint.

Well I tried doing some research about the best buy video interview to prepare a bit, and one person on reddit pointed out like sooner or later you may have to do one of those so might as well get a bit used to it. BUt I tried looking up some common questions on the interview and made notes of how to approach those but of course in the one I got they asked differnt questions than the ones I took notes for.....so yeah it was hard, stressfull and nerve wracking but I got through it and idk I just hope maybe it was good enough I could move on to getting a person to person interview.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 6:50 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

Well...wait until AFTER the interview is over...and when you are away from computer before you SCREAM. Lol!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 6:52 am

Great that you didnt scream. Lol!

You may not have "aced" the interview. But keep going to interviews (virtual and person to person) and you will get good at it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 8:12 am

naturalplastic wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Well...wait until AFTER the interview is over...and when you are away from computer before you SCREAM. Lol!

Oh yeah. Though I didn't say that explicitly, I would have expected Sweetleaf to know not to srceam during a video interview. :lol:

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2023, 3:59 pm

Ugh I hate those things!

Buuut heck to the yes you did it!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 1:54 pm

Well, I certainly not expect to hear back, but I guess they want me to come in for a real interview tomorrow. I thought I did terrible on the video interview, so it was a bit of a surprise.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 2:00 pm

You did well not to scream and I'm sure you didn't do as badly as you're thinking.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2023, 3:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well, I certainly not expect to hear back, but I guess they want me to come in for a real interview tomorrow. I thought I did terrible on the video interview, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Well done Sweetleaf for getting a real interview!

The best of luck to you.