Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 1:10 pm

Which companies did you find good or bad to work at and what was good or bad about them?

Which companies were the hardest or easiest to get a job from?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2023, 1:37 pm

Retail jobs tend to be relatively easy to get if you have worked at a few retail places before. Although the actual work is physically demanding & high energy, and it can be overwhelming to the senses for an autistic person.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2023, 3:53 pm

We got a tie, guys!

TTEC:
Check was late by almost 3 months. Had to turn them into DoL.
Management was a joke and instead of admitting they needed help, they threw agents under the bus.
Constant tech issues that had to be fixed with micromanaging (computer froze and you cannot restart. You must contact tech support and have them tell you to restart.)
Doing things like putting PII in unsecured chats especially given we had a federal contract.
Getting coached for refusing to put PII in unsecured chats.

Pay was decent
My TL was great.

Walmart
Pay was awful
We had to ignore safety regulations to work
The two years there I worked deli during the dinner rush with someone who had the same lunch. Our lunches were cut in half to keep someone in the deli at all times.
Getting coached for not taking an hour lunch during the busiest part of the day with only two people.
Getting coached for missing four days. Had a severe throat infection. Told me my doctor's note didnt matter (worked in food so...yep)

Consistent BS is still consistency
My coworkers were ride or die which was awesome.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2023, 3:56 pm

As for good, worked a state job. It was doing unemployment during COVID so it was very high stress and always busy.

But my team and manager always had my back. The fact we had mandatory "down" time was also extremely helpful.

Honestly would murder for that position.