Page 30 of 33 [ 519 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2024, 3:44 pm

I really wish it was easy to get a degree in psychiatry so I could prescribe my own psych meds. All the psych meds I've been on for the last 11 years are meds I wanted to try before my GP or psych prescribed them. I do lots of various research & I know myself better than any psych I've seen has. Also the psych meds that are working best for my girlfriend are meds that I suggested & two are the same meds I've been on for the last 11 years. My experience with my first psychiatrist was not that good & neither was the counseling I've briefly tried & both were about 20 years ago. My second psychiatrist who I saw for about a year 3 years ago was OK but I only saw him to get one new med prescribed that I didn't think my GP would be willing to do. When he quit practicing at the health center & wanted to transfer me to a new psych, I asked him to let my GP take over again.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 12:22 am

Sometimes , it just se3ms like you gotta be strategic,when trying to get the best meds for your situation. :ninja:
Leastwise till you get the oroper credentials to do prescriptions ...And i am a big proponenent for studing the adverse effects / reactions section of the PDR when it comes to take mostly any meds these days .. With a big Eye towards risk vs tolerance abilities. And often , I prefer to find any natural alternatives when it come to medical prescriptions, if I can at all help it.. Snd still research it for adverse effects..imho. 8)

where ever you go ,there you are

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 8:34 am

There are a few accounts about alexithymia and clumsiness, related to interoception; therefore a degree of issues related to the proprioception and vestibular senses.

I can confirm it's somehow true.
Most at the time, I feel this whole body tightness, related to where I would put my body.
Among other visceral senses...

Especially when in state of sickness.

At the moment, I'm sick. It's this recurring infection I've been dealing due to chronic rhinitis.
And I'm not feeling the associated tightness and weight I've been dealing with before.

Well, in my case; it didn't made me clumsier.
Likely due to a lifetime of "practice".

I can see how the lack of sensation may be associated with the lack of bodily control to some extent.
I've experienced the opposite for most of my life.

So now, I had to understand that I'm dealing with sickness differently, too. Along with how I can move with my body...

But it's sort of better than before since I also lost the impulsivity, too, along with the mood issues.
So I no longer move like someone with ADHD. :roll: No more inattentive induced clumsiness for me.

But, also -- I don't have to strive to control the internal insensitivity from making me clumsy.

I wonder for how long until I get the basics together? When I stop needing to relearn, and move on for good?

Since I don't need the momentum to move, I also don't have to fight with the inertia that came with it...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:16 pm

My lungs are aching

I don't think I've been breathing properly all day

I've been having anxiety attacks for hours and hours now and I feel as if I've been hit in the chest with a lump hammer

I'm just overwhelmed I think. I've never in my life felt emotions like I've felt today. I kinda like it really. It's something new to learn about and find harmony with

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm

^ Could the anxiety attacks be something to do with withdrawing from your medication, BB?

The medication you mentioned can also treat anxiety, if I remember correctly?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:27 pm

Maybe, it did cross my mind. I'll see how I am tomorrow and take it from there. I've had a few things on my mind as well though.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:28 pm

I'm starting to feel better now anyway. Probably just needed to lie down

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:29 pm

babybird wrote:
I'm starting to feel better now anyway. Probably just needed to lie down

*deep breaths* for you, BB.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:31 pm

Yeah I think I could do with a brown paper bag :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 4:31 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah I think I could do with a brown paper bag :lol:

:lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2024, 6:14 pm

found , as a tule for me , yo lie down at least 20 mins ,every afternoon.. No exceptions ..seems like helps blood flow in the brain..?? idk, but it helps.. feel better please :heart:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

Am finding that , the Spting season has wreaked havouc on my lungs and sinuses,during the season, till , my body and brain seems to adjust.... And have read much about the great influence to digestive track seems to have on the immune system. So getting a acidophilus complex and some chewable papaya enzyme stuff into me pretty regularily ! even just regular yoghurt. Seems to help me out alot ,overall . And I still use zyrtec and mucinex decongestant/ and other mucinex products to fight off allergy symptoms during worse times,, especially in the spring and fall...And this is not to say, that I do not have my bad days ..Especially with tjose sneak attack triggers, of old emotional severe issues . That my mind likes to sneak into and do a goid job of Hijavking my focus.. ..In addition to all the usual stuff, I have to address daily . From rude people to traffic to shopping,other more sneaky stuff . That I normally do not expect to cause greif . This is just a FYI

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 10:32 am

I'm chilling out now. Ribs are starting to relax.

Spoke to my T and he's made a more sooner appointment for me to see him

Hes just told me to do what ever I've gotta do to get me through the next few days. So I am

I actually feel like I've been hit by a bus

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 11:05 am

And as a result of a combination of watching Aintree and doing what ever I need to do to get through I almost forgot to put the chicken in

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 2:22 pm

I might have to go back up to 15 tonight. I'm in crippling pain and I'm sure it's anxiety that's causing it

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2024, 2:23 pm

babybird wrote:
I might have to go back up to 15 tonight. I'm in crippling pain and I'm sure it's anxiety that's causing it

Health anxiety can increase with a lack of needed medication.