Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Nightplank
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Nov 2023, 10:35 pm

I do not know how if I would ever be able to function at a real job. Completed college seemed like a joke. last job I had was sweeping a feed; the manager of the place felt sorry for me and gave me a job to sweep the place up. Though I was supossed to graduete up to loading sack needless to say could no do it for back issues. Also I could not ever remember where each of the feeds are or their nicknames; I normal person learns it and keeps it in their head. Had a neuropsychology assessment seems like I lack the ability to plan stuff in life. Why did I waist time in college even though its impossible to keep stuff in my head

NobodyNothingJr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Nov 2023, 12:09 am

Nightplank wrote:
I do not know how if I would ever be able to function at a real job. Completed college seemed like a joke. last job I had was sweeping a feed; the manager of the place felt sorry for me and gave me a job to sweep the place up. Though I was supossed to graduete up to loading sack needless to say could no do it for back issues. Also I could not ever remember where each of the feeds are or their nicknames; I normal person learns it and keeps it in their head. Had a neuropsychology assessment seems like I lack the ability to plan stuff in life. Why did I waist time in college even though its impossible to keep stuff in my head

I often can’t remember things when it comes to work but I have a trick that works really well for me so I’ll share maybe it will help. I always carry a small notebook sized weekly calendar and pencil and take notes of locations, tasks needing to be done, and appointments. I check it every day to make sure I don’t forget what I’m supposed to do that day. You could use a tiny notebook if you a calendar one is too big.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Nov 2023, 1:45 am

Sorry to hear you have back issues. The best way to lift heavy stuff is to use yiur legs rather than your back.
I agree with the idea of the previous respondent about making notes to help remember things and be more organized.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/