06 Dec 2023, 7:33 am

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
belijojo wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

Which part? I used to live there, mostly along the center from Guangdong to gansu provinces.

ShanXi,middle provinces。
Guangdong to gansu?really vague,that's almost both ends

I was in both Provinces and got transferred between schools a lot during my time over there.I think the closest I got to you was probably Changde, Hunan Province, although I was also in Baiyin, Gansu and Dongguan, Guangdong.

I kind of missed the short time in Sanya, Hainan, I wish I had had more of an opportunity to try surfing.

A very rich life experience indeed! Like a captain sailing around the world in a fairy tale. Sanya, Hainan, is indeed a great place for vacation, and I would like to go there if I have the opportunity.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 7:39 am

Double Retired wrote:
belijojo wrote:
...which is also why I have hesitated to undergo formal testing.

I hope you have found some informal tests on the Internet. Two that I know of are:
Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test (AQ)
Aspie Quiz

They don't give a formal diagnosis but might help strengthen your suspicions.

significant Autistic traits,It looks like... ummm, maybe I will grow to like it more here.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 8:38 am

belijojo wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Hello. Welcome! It will e good to explore different political concepts and ideas. My youngest brother is married to a South Korean lady and though her country has had democracy for a long time, we do find difficulties between the way we live anddo things and the way she does. We love her anyway and she loves all of us. The difficulties are that she has very communistic ways so she sees things I have gone out of my way and saved and saved to buy in the past so I can use them, as being not owned byanyone so she will give our things away to others who she thinks needs them without telling us or asking us. She has no personal attachment to things, while we have lots of personal attachment to the things we own, and it is to us. as if one has given away who we are!
It is very different lifestyles and upbringing. She does her best in what she does. She is always trying to bless people which is amazing! These differences between outlook do present difficulties though... We do love her anyway! But I am wondering if China is similar because the attachment to "Things" maybe more shared? (It is actually a good thing to share. Though to us, we need to think about what we are prepared to share and what we like to keep... So when others share our things without us knowing we see it as a problem! Is this common in China as well due to a communistic way of living? I do like the concept in some ways as no one lacks anything! Everyone has what they need!)

This is a very interesting topic!
As you mentioned, communistic ways were once widely present in this land. However, due to the deliberate avoidance by the government, this phenomenon is almost non-existent in more modernized cities. At the same time, it is also a point of conflict between the poor and the rich – the poor are considered "boundary-less," while the rich are seen as "stingy." This is reflected in my own life, where some classmates may drink my beverage without my consent. The characterization of such behavior is open to discussion; as long as our relationship is good, it is considered normal, but if the relationship is not as strong, it is deemed rude.
I personally appreciate this "excessive sharing" behavior. Giving a hammer to someone who needs to nail something is as logical as giving food to someone who is hungry.
At the same time, I fully understand that in modern life, being "stingy" is perfectly acceptable and is one of the driving forces of social progress.
Finding the right balance between "stinginess" and "communistic" is a significant challenge in my life. Due to a lack of perception of the emotions of those around me, I am unsure whether my sharing is perceived as friendly, weird, or humble. Therefore, I have adopted an extreme stinginess – a firm refusal to share in any form. This has caused me distress. If there were a "completely correct" guide to life, I would be happy to follow it.

Stingy is not the exact word or meaning in the way it happens here as things are shared to those who need it. It is more that some things are personal. Example is one may keep some older things becsuse they used to be owned by ones grandparents so had been passed dosn the family, only tonlater find them given away without one knowing.
An example I had is that I fiund it difficult to buy cycling clothes and took me years to find some my size. It was because the "Tour de France" became popular and so cycling clothes sold were copies of that fashion having short sleeved tops and bottoms which was only any use for two or three weeks in the year. I wanted long sleeved tops and long cycling trousers (Tights etc) which dissapeared off the market and had not been seen for years. When I found some I spent alot out and bought two sets of everything.
Now they came and lived in our spare room, and Mum had put my suitcase of cycling clothes in there. She gave them all away and it took me years and a lot of money to find suitable cycling clothes as the cycling industry has gone fashion crazy and only make clothes with short sleeves and bottoms which are unsuitable for UK cycling except in hot summers. I want to ride all year!
I can't go into the shops that sell them (And is rare to find them for sale in those shops) as I am too nervous to go in.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 8:59 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Hello. Welcome! It will e good to explore different political concepts and ideas. My youngest brother is married to a South Korean lady and though her country has had democracy for a long time, we do find difficulties between the way we live anddo things and the way she does. We love her anyway and she loves all of us. The difficulties are that she has very communistic ways so she sees things I have gone out of my way and saved and saved to buy in the past so I can use them, as being not owned byanyone so she will give our things away to others who she thinks needs them without telling us or asking us. She has no personal attachment to things, while we have lots of personal attachment to the things we own, and it is to us. as if one has given away who we are!
It is very different lifestyles and upbringing. She does her best in what she does. She is always trying to bless people which is amazing! These differences between outlook do present difficulties though... We do love her anyway! But I am wondering if China is similar because the attachment to "Things" maybe more shared? (It is actually a good thing to share. Though to us, we need to think about what we are prepared to share and what we like to keep... So when others share our things without us knowing we see it as a problem! Is this common in China as well due to a communistic way of living? I do like the concept in some ways as no one lacks anything! Everyone has what they need!)

As you mentioned, communistic ways were once widely present in this land. However, due to the deliberate avoidance by the government, this phenomenon is almost non-existent in more modernized cities. At the same time, it is also a point of conflict between the poor and the rich – the poor are considered "boundary-less," while the rich are seen as "stingy." This is reflected in my own life, where some classmates may drink my beverage without my consent. The characterization of such behavior is open to discussion; as long as our relationship is good, it is considered normal, but if the relationship is not as strong, it is deemed rude.
I personally appreciate this "excessive sharing" behavior. Giving a hammer to someone who needs to nail something is as logical as giving food to someone who is hungry.
At the same time, I fully understand that in modern life, being "stingy" is perfectly acceptable and is one of the driving forces of social progress.
Finding the right balance between "stinginess" and "communistic" is a significant challenge in my life. Due to a lack of perception of the emotions of those around me, I am unsure whether my sharing is perceived as friendly, weird, or humble. Therefore, I have adopted an extreme stinginess – a firm refusal to share in any form. This has caused me distress. If there were a "completely correct" guide to life, I would be happy to follow it.

Stingy is not the exact word or meaning in the way it happens here as things are shared to those who need it. It is more that some things are personal. Example is one may keep some older things becsuse they used to be owned by ones grandparents so had been passed dosn the family, only tonlater find them given away without one knowing.
An example I had is that I fiund it difficult to buy cycling clothes and took me years to find some my size. It was because the "Tour de France" became popular and so cycling clothes sold were copies of that fashion having short sleeved tops and bottoms which was only any use for two or three weeks in the year. I wanted long sleeved tops and long cycling trousers (Tights etc) which dissapeared off the market and had not been seen for years. When I found some I spent alot out and bought two sets of everything.
Now they came and lived in our spare room, and Mum had put my suitcase of cycling clothes in there. She gave them all away and it took me years and a lot of money to find suitable cycling clothes as the cycling industry has gone fashion crazy and only make clothes with short sleeves and bottoms which are unsuitable for UK cycling except in hot summers. I want to ride all year!
I can't go into the shops that sell them (And is rare to find them for sale in those shops) as I am too nervous to go in.

It's too foolish, such behavior! It's not communistic.It's a manifestation of neglecting the emotional needs of others. In China, such behavior is absolutely incomprehensible and would be frowned upon. Can anyone really not understand the description of 'sentimental old items'? I've heard of a trend called '断舍离' (断捨離), which is a form of minimalism.But it also has its limits. Everyone has things they cherish, even if they don't physically use them.
My grandfather has a magnet, much like the typewriter in your story. During my elementary school days, I once exchanged it with a classmate. However, my family insisted sternly that I retrieve it, and I share a similar attitude with you regarding this matter.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 9:16 am

belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

Now I do not know for sure but:
ROC might mean "Republic of China
PRC might mean "People Republic of China"

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 9:21 am

jimmy m wrote:
belijojo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ROC or PRC?

sorry, but PRC

Now I do not know for sure but:
ROC might mean "Republic of China
PRC might mean "People Republic of China"

i mean,the bigger, redder, ONE LEADER ,battle with US,the PRC。It is now more modernized, less aligned with communism.Of course, I am not a part of the 'public opinion controller.(laugh)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 9:39 am

You wrote about what is happening in Chinese children.
At the moment reports out of China indicate the country is undergoing many cases of a pandemic that is affecting small children. If this is true, your approach of not sharing your drinks with other students makes a great deal of sense. You do not want to share a plague.

This is one of my special interest areas at the moment. I started a thread on Wrong Planet to discuss this topic. You will find the thread here:

Is this Round 2 of a new Pandemic?

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 9:59 am

jimmy m wrote:
belijojo wrote:

This is your response to Mountain Goat.
At the moment reports out of China indicate the country is undergoing many cases of a pandemic that is affecting small children. If this is true, your approach of not sharing your drinks with other students makes a great deal of sense. You do not want to share a plague.

I know you interested in this pandemic.its not the second covid19,true.it's not that strong,just like the flus I've experienced in my life, like what the West calls the big flu in the early days of covid19

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:05 am

belijojo wrote:
jimmy m wrote:
belijojo wrote:

This is your response to Mountain Goat.

I know you interested in this pandemic.its not the second covid19,true.it's not that strong,just like the flus I've experienced in my life, like what the West calls the big flu in the early days of covid19

I'm not really against you, my friend. I'm just, ummm, making my understanding clear. Please forgive me if my words offend you.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:06 am

You wrote:

So what can you pass on about the effect of this latest pandemic, the one that is affecting young children) that is currently underway in China?

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:12 am

belijojo wrote:
I'm not really against you, my friend. I'm just, ummm, making my understanding clear. Please forgive me if my words offend you.

You are not really offending me. I am just a knowledge seeker. My world is very huge both in time and space. I drink knowledge and I have a good heart. And if you feel like you do not want to share information, that is fine. You are still welcome here.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:18 am

jimmy m wrote:
You wrote:

So what can you pass on about the effect of this latest pandemic, the one that is affecting young children) that is currently underway in China?

Children under 9 years old developed a fever and recovered in two days; adults had sore throats. I heard that the contagion is very strong, but it has not spread to this university far away from the city.
I have no taboos when it comes to chatting, and I especially like sensitive content. It’s just that it’s hard for me to take care of the interlocutor’s emotions. I’m happy to share it with you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:19 am

Welcome to WP :mrgreen:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:20 am

I am glad as I assumed it related to communism.

I have never lived under communism but I have looked into what it means as I also wanted to find out how various systems worked. I am different in the way I think to average people so if we had communism here, I would not do so well because I am different. I think I would stand out too much as being different. As far as I understand, the roots of communism aim at the things that people have in common and they aim laws and rules so that the common views are upheld? (Am I rigt in this?) Actually, in a way democracy does that as whatever the highest vote would be accepted.

We have had forms of communism come into the UK via our education system under the GCSE system, where the older system before was not communistic in its methods of teaching. Those of an age where they were taught under the GCSE system do not really know what I am talking about becase when I was taught, I was taught under the old system but I was the first to take the GCSE exams so I was caught betwen the end of the old system and I saw the start of the change. My one brother three years younger saw less of the old system, and by the time my youngest brother did his education, it was totally different so he does not even know how it was and he can't relate to a non-communistic education system.

To study the differences and howit came about, study videos about "Educstion brainwashing" by Charlotte Iserbyt who was an elderly lady employed in the USA government education department who found out about the close ties between the USA and Russia during the cold war. The cold war was a fabricated smoke screen when behind the scenes, USA was sharing democratic ideas with the Russians and the Rjssians were sharing communistic governing ideas so both could begin bringing in such ideas and concepts in their education systems to alter their future generations. It is actually fascinating stuff.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2023, 10:27 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I am glad as I assumed it related to communism.

I have never lived under communism but I have looked into what it means as I also wanted to find out how various systems worked. I am different in the way I think to average people so if we had communism here, I would not do so well because I am different. I think I would stand out too much as being different. As far as I understand, the roots of communism aim at the things that people have in common and they aim laws and rules so that the common views are upheld? (Am I rigt in this?) Actually, in a way democracy does that as whatever the highest vote would be accepted.

We have had forms of communism come into the UK via our education system under the GCSE system, where the older system before was not communistic in its methods of teaching. Those of an age where they were taught under the GCSE system do not really know what I am talking about becase when I was taught, I was taught under the old system but I was the first to take the GCSE exams so I was caught betwen the end of the old system and I saw the start of the change. My one brother three years younger saw less of the old system, and by the time my youngest brother did his education, it was totally different so he does not even know how it was and he can't relate to a non-communistic education system.

To study the differences and howit came about, study videos about "Educstion brainwashing" by Charlotte Iserbyt who was an elderly lady employed in the USA government education department who found out about the close ties between the USA and Russia during the cold war. The cold war was a fabricated smoke screen when behind the scenes, USA was sharing democratic ideas with the Russians and the Rjssians were sharing communistic governing ideas so both could begin bringing in such ideas and concepts in their education systems to alter their future generations. It is actually fascinating stuff.

I'm very, very interested in your reply, but it's half past eleven at night and I think I should go to bed.
seeU temorow.