Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2023, 12:53 pm

Past few weeks it seems like plenty of people coughing on public transportation and work. Masks no longer required on either one. But whatever . Even when masks required, plenty of people didn't wear them or didn't wear them properly, and you can't make them do anything. Besides there are just too many people sometimes at work. I work in retail.
Anyone could just waltz into the building and litterbox. Live in suburban area. Not that crowded. This morning bus so crowded on rush hour, barely enough standing room.

Past three days been coughing a lot myself. Zero other symptoms this far. It could be Coronavirus or a different disease.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 9:00 pm

I cough a fair bit but that's because I am going through an asthma flare. I'm taking medication for it but I still cough. If I'm in a crowded place (like on the train) I try to suppress my coughing as much as I can. I know I'll get 'looks' if I cough in such a space.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 9:02 pm

tis the season of giving - Other people your colds/flu...Happy Holidays

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 9:09 pm

:lol:
That's hilarious!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 8:11 pm

I've got some kind of cold in my chest right now. For almost two days now my breathing has been crackly and wheezy when I exhale and I've been coughing a lot. I don't have a fever or a stuffy nose, I can still taste and smell, and my toes are their usual size and color so I don't think it's covid. Mild bronchitis, maybe? :(

Should I call the funeral home while I still can? :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jan 2024, 1:49 am

I cough a lot sometimes due to chronic sinus allergy problems that sometimes get bad enough to cause a sinus drip in back my throat. I'm on allergy meds but they do NOT help enough. I'm in the process of trying to get some other treatments. I used to cough a bit due to acid reflux but that's managed mostly OK by a med.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 5:28 pm

I was up most of the night last night coughing and hacking like some 80 year old chain smoker, and I've got a sore throat. What if it really is covid, even if it's mild? I don't know for sure since I was never given covid test kits you can try at home. I'm supposed to buy groceries on Monday, but what if I have to be quarantined for two whole weeks, even when I'm feeling better? I guess I should just email my mother and ask her what to do.

I hate my life...

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 5:31 pm

'Tis the season to be coughing.

A lot of respiratory viruses and such flourish in the depths of winter and in December/January.

I have just had a cough recently and you hear people coughing a lot on public transport, if you ever use it?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm

I had a bad dose of flu a few weeks ago, which was initially quite rough on my lungs, and I still have a slight cough now which hasn't improved for a couple of weeks. It seems to be a slow accumulation of phlegm in the upper respiratory tract, and every 15 minutes or so I can feel and hear a bit of gurgling when I breathe, which goes away if I cough up the small amount of phlegm, but comes back again within the next 15 minutes or so. Strangely, after a night's sleep (during which time I presume I don't cough), my lungs don't seem to be any more full of phlegm than they do while I'm awake and coughing every 15 minutes.

I'm vaguely worried that it's not getting better yet, but at least it's pretty mild, and if I'm among people who might get scared if I cough, I don't absolutely have to. I'm not currently having much contact with people anyway.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Jan 2024, 11:44 am

I've been sick twice since November. So I can definitely relate. Where I currently live like 1% of people ever wear masks. (I currently live in a deep red, Trump state :pale: But I am moving farrrr away!). At work no one ever wears masks even when they're sick. I'm immunocompromised and am in trouble even though I wear a mask. Two of coworkers in my department have been sick recently.

I got COVID back in November, ironically while I was in the state I am moving to. D: (but IDK where I caught it) Then I got sick a week ago. I don't think it was COVID, it was more like a cold, and finally it has cleared up. Had my first normal night of sleep last night.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm

usually when i am on the train or the bus, if someone close to me coughing, i move. however, sometimes there's nowhere else to sit. besides, even after i move, someone else could be coughing or have invisible contagious symptoms. the vast majority of precious lil "people" could not be bothered to wear masks. some of those lil dipshits, even have the nerve to make fun of me. "face diapers", one b***h had the nerve to bark @ me. (rolls eyes). and the ones wearing masks, either wear them under their chin or under their snout. also, some idiots refuse to "keep your hands to yourself". not everyone loves a "friendly" pat on the back. besides, i have an anxiety disorder, and being touched often startles me unnecessarily. idiots have zero f*****g manners, s**t.

past three days, feel like getting sick. oh, well. sooner or later, i have to get sick.

i work @ home depot, in the middle of a homeless encampment. the whole building is filthy. the breakroom only has one sink, and often someone is using it. you can only get soap in the bathroom, and you have to unlock the bathroom with a code. you have to touch the bathroom door to unlock the bathroom. which, of course does not make sense, b/c sometimes a customer asks an employee to unlock the bathroom door, when other customers are inside the bathroom.

the public transportation and the library. plenty of germs.

grocery stores sometimes visibly gross.