Confidence is disposable these days

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 6:34 am

They say confidence is all a man needs to get a woman’s interest. However do you agree that these days women find confidence unimportant/disposable?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 9:49 am

Genuine confidence is really rare. Many men mistake arrogance and ignorance for confidence and are often masking a deep insecurity which might be why women find them less attractive.

I can't speak for what women find attractive though.

But from my perspective the most attractive thing I know is confidence. If we're just talking about physical attraction, and as this is a Jamesy thread I suspect we are, then I find if a woman is confident in her body and sexuality, the shape of her body is less important. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case in the other direction.

Last edited by DuckHairback on 09 Dec 2023, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

swrider
Raven
Raven

09 Dec 2023, 10:18 am

I don't even completely understand the things I find attractive, I won't try to guess for half of humanity.

I suspect though that it depends on the woman everyone is different.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 12:41 pm

Different women value different qualities in men

Some precious lil "people" act like "confidence not proportional to competence"

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 12:51 pm

I care more about other traits like kindness, empathy, a keen sense of humor, and intelligence.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Dec 2023, 1:08 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Different women value different qualities in men

Some precious lil "people" act like "confidence not proportional to competence"
I think that's called arrogance.

DuckHairback wrote:
Genuine confidence is really rare. Many men mistake arrogance and ignorance for confidence and are often masking a deep insecurity which might be why women find them less attractive.

I can't speak for what women find attractive though.

But from my perspective the most attractive thing I know is confidence. If we're just talking about physical attraction, and as this is a Jamesy thread I suspect we are, then I find if a woman is confident in her body and sexuality, the shape of her body is less important. I see no reason why that wouldn't be the case in the other direction.
I tend to find confident women less attractive. Probably because a lot of the confident women I known or see in the media seem stuck-up, shallow, & superficial.

People have different ideas about what confidence is. Lots think I lack confidence because I understand & accept that I do have various limitations due to disabilities & I know from experience that most others will not give me a decent chance. However I also know I have some relationships strengths & believed that most women would love me if they were willing to give me a real chance & try & meet me halfway.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2023, 2:25 pm

There are some women who are frightened by a man who's overconfident.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2023, 7:59 am

You frame this question in a black or white way. That confidence is either all you need, or that it's disposible.

Having a healthy confidence is an advantage. But it's not the only factor

I'll put it like this. Is having a good pair of running shoes all that you need to win a marathon? No. But is it a meaningful advantage? Absolutely.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 8:47 am

That depends on the type of shoes and the type of marathon terrain one is running on. There are a large number of shoes designed for specific types of terrain. Not all marathons will be run on tarmac, so it varies, and runners may find they need to adapt their shoe choice for the course they are on.

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2023, 8:51 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
That depends on the type of shoes and the type of marathon terrain one is running on. There are a large number of shoes designed for specific types of terrain. Not all marathons will be run on tarmac, so it varies, and runners may find they need to adapt their shoe choice for the course they are on.

True, but that extends beyond the scope of the point I was making.

Having a good pair of shoes isn't going to make you win a marathon if you suck at running. But that doesn't mean you should go barefoot.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 9:05 am

Minervx_2 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Having a good pair of shoes isn't going to make you win a marathon if you suck at running. But that doesn't mean you should go barefoot.

It would take me a few days to walk a marathon! :D

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 9:21 am

Confidence. From what I understand, women do in general look for confident men because inwardly they look for a man who can provide. Now this may not be the aspect that all women look for and thank God for that!

Most of us are looking for that special someone to "Complete" our lives...

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2023, 10:11 am

Also, you shouldn't be confident just because it's a trait women like.

You should be confident for your own benefit. You're doing it for your own health and happiness. Not just to impress someone.

Be confident regardless of whether you're single or not. Be confident regardless of who it does or doesn't attract.

Like yourself no matter what.
Be your own friend no matter what.
Have faith in yourself no matter what.

Don't let a date with some person be the deciding factor of your confidence.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 4:28 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
There are some women who are frightened by a man who's overconfident.
My gf is one of them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 5:44 pm

Minervx_2 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I think I get it MG, there's different types of confidence & different forms can be better in different situations. But what you mean Minervx is that confidence is not the only factor to consider but confidence can be quit helpful sometimes.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 6:29 pm

nick007 wrote:
Minervx_2 wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I think I get it MG, there's different types of confidence & different forms can be better in different situations. But what you mean Minervx is that confidence is not the only factor to consider but confidence can be quit helpful sometimes.

Yes. I was actually sidelined into thinking about shoes but I knew there was a point I was making! Haha! Thanks for reminding me what I was talking about! :P