Have you ever gotten aggressive during a meltdown?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2024, 3:38 pm

Only with myself.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2024, 6:42 am

I shutdown rather than meltdown but I've been on the receiving end of my daughter's violent meltdowns. She will hit and kick and throw and break things if she's in meltdown. She used to hit her head but I've not seen that for a long time. She doesn't do it as often as she used to, thankfully because she's getting big enough that she could do some serious damage either to herself or to me.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2024, 12:26 pm

I scream, swear, kick along with punch things, at times say pretty horrible things, sometimes throw things, and I've broken stuff before. I have never hit anymore but what has stopped me is, getting hauled away to jail and sued, meaning I wanted to kick this co-worker's ass this one time.

I'm surprised I did not get fired this one time, I still recall the day too, it was in December of 2012. Which was honestly one of the worst meltdowns I have ever had. Weird thing is, I remember it but not all of it, it's like I blacked out. After that, some people never looked at me the same.

Last week I had a blow up, when my roku stick kept messing up, I ripped it out and threw against the wall and screamed " f--k this s--t, I don't give a f--k anymore". An hour later I went out and bought a new one.

JamesW
Raven
Raven

14 May 2024, 1:56 pm

Yes.

The aggression itself goes no further than making an angry face which to a lot of neurotypicals is very threatening. I don't even know I'm doing it. Now I know about it, I try and recognise it coming, and count to ten, take deep breaths, make excuses and leave the room, etc.

Nobody ever parks in my driveway. But I'd prefer it to be because the neighbours and their friends are considerate and courteous, not because they're scared I'm a nutter.

There is a God.