Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2023, 2:41 pm

Angelica Pickles is one cartoon character that people either really love or really hate. Some people think she's one of the best characters on Rugrats. Others hate her for being a selfish, spoiled little brat.

Personally, Angelica was always my favorite Rugrats character. I was kind of a naughty, mischievous child when I was younger, so I guess I could kind of relate to her. Her antics always amused me, especially all the tall tales she would create to manipulate the babies. I still get a kick out of Angelica learning a bad word from her favorite TV show host, butchering the words to "My Country Tis of Thee", and getting nothing but coal for Christmas. My mom never had a problem with Angelica because she usually gets punished at the end of episodes (one especially satisfying one is when Drew grounds her from dessert for a week after she stole Chas' favorite CD), but I've heard about parents who wouldn't let their kids watch Rugrats because of Angelica. I also feel like Rugrats wouldn't have been the same without Angelica.

So what do you think of Angelica? Did you like her or hate her?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 2:58 pm

Rewatching the old show, I like her parents even less because they just enable her bad behavior. Drew at times comes close to coming to terms that his daughter is a spoiled brat but then walks back from it. He gives her discipline then reverses it because he thinks he's being too tough on her. Charlotte is just a neglectful workaholic and her money funds the amount of toys and presents and sweets Angelica receives but doesn't really deserve.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2023, 3:29 pm

I have a cousin named Angelica who acted just as bratty when she was a little girl. She once told my Mom "I'm not a brat! My mom named me after an ANGEL!" And my mom responded to her with "Yeah? Well LUCIFER was an angel too!"

That became a running joke in our family. :lol:

I wonder if the creators of The Rugrats had the same sort of irony in mind when designing Angelica's character? :chin: