Broken nose effects attractivness

Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2023, 4:02 pm

I'm speaking as a blind person here, so take this for what it is, but if someone would be put off by your nose to the point that they wouldn't date you, then that's not someone you want to be dating anyway. A person who is that shallow is extremely toxic, and they probably would not make a good partner. Yes, it is true that sighted people care about looks, but that's not the only thing they care about, and if they do, that shows that they have some messed up priorities.
I hope it's okay to give you a bit of feedback. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I would want someone to give me feedback if I was doing something that could be hurtful to people. It sounds like you're saying that most women are shallow and judgmental is probably what is putting women off. I like to explain things using analogies, so here goes. When people say stereotypes about autistic people, do you like that? You're doing the exact same thing to women.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2023, 4:07 pm

My nose is bent in shape and has a bump on the bridge.

I can imagine it would not be easy to repair. A lazy eye can not be fixed easily either.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 10:47 pm

Jamesy wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
The right one for you will love you for who you are.

This.

Don’t kid yourselves people always care about looks.

I don't give two s**ts about the way a person looks. I care more about a person's personality.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 2:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
They don't always. People like different things. We aren't all the same.

With that being said, some people like crooked noses because they think it gives a face character.

People also like stare at symmetrical faces/noses because there more beautiful to look at

Jamesy is correct about facial symmetry. There is loads of Social Psychology research showing that symmetrical faces are rated as more attractive. Even newborns look longer at symmetrical faces. It seems to be something hard wired in us.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 1:42 pm

ProfessorJohn wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
They don't always. People like different things. We aren't all the same.

With that being said, some people like crooked noses because they think it gives a face character.

People also like stare at symmetrical faces/noses because there more beautiful to look at

Jamesy is correct about facial symmetry. There is loads of Social Psychology research showing that symmetrical faces are rated as more attractive. Even newborns look longer at symmetrical faces. It seems to be something hard wired in us.

I was once told that a big bent nose makes you f*****g ugly

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 1:43 pm

^ Do the people you know ever talk about stuff besides physical appearance?

Physical appearance is only one piece of the puzzle that determines whether others will find someone attractive or not.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 1:46 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
^ Do the people you know ever talk about stuff besides physical appearance?

Physical appearance is only one piece of the puzzle that determines whether others will find someone attractive or not.

Well do you think a big bent nose makes a face ugly or not?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 2:18 pm

No, although I suppose it would depend on the nose in question. Some people say that it gives a face character and personality.

Personally speaking, I simply don't care. Looks are fleeting anyway.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 2:58 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
No, although I suppose it would depend on the nose in question. Some people say that it gives a face character and personality.

Looks don’t always fade

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 3:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Looks don’t always fade

Yeah, they always do to some extent unless a person dies young although, granted, this is highly subjective.

Most of your threads are about physical appearance and have been for years. Maybe it's time that you start considering other things because focusing on this stuff doesn't seem to be working for you.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 3:11 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Looks don’t always fade

Yeah, they always do to some extent unless a person dies young although, granted, this is highly subjective.

Most of your threads are about physical appearance and have been for years. Maybe it's time that you start considering other things because focusing on this stuff doesn't seem to be working for you.

I love playing video games. In fact I got a new ps5 for xmas

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 10:21 pm

It can, sure.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 10:38 pm

My nose has been broken three times and has a slight but noticeable bend. No one has commented negatively on it. But I tend to not be friends or hang out with people who are obsessed with physical appearance.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 1:15 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
My nose has been broken three times and has a slight but noticeable bend. No one has commented negatively on it. But I tend to not be friends or hang out with people who are obsessed with physical appearance.

Or it makes you look tough as nails and they don’t want to mess with you so they say nothing. 8)

Mine’s only been broken once so max 1/3rd as tough looking.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 7:54 am

broken nose can give a face character, attractive rugged look, for some. Not everybody likes the same "look" , what turns one person on can be a complete fail for somebody else. Its kind of neutral as far as responses from others is concerned, no worries, if somebody is interested, it won't be because of your nose, and if somebody rejects or is not interested, it likely won't be because of the nose either. most people are not that shallow, and if they are, I bet you would not want them in your life. unhealthy!! !

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2024, 9:54 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Benjamin the Donkey wrote:

Or it makes you look tough as nails and they don’t want to mess with you so they say nothing. 8)

Mine’s only been broken once so max 1/3rd as tough looking.

The two later incidents didn't affect my appearance. The first one was more severe.

I've been told I can appear "intimidating," but I don't think it's because of the nose. I think it's more about my resting facial expression.