I got a new job, so no more poop...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 12:34 am

My current job is animal care in an animal lab, but it's very hard work cleaning up after dogs and cats in enclosures, So I got a new job at a dry cleaning place. I will miss the animals but I think I will very much like a break from constant barking and having to clean poop. I know will be dealing with landrury and luckily laundry doesn't bark.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 1:17 am

lucky life

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 1:20 am

belijojo wrote:
lucky life

I sure hope so,I think the main thing I will have to worry about on the new job is general boredom, not sure yet if I can listen to headphones while working or not at the new job.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2023, 1:25 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I sure hope so,I think the main thing I will have to worry about on the new job is general boredom, not sure yet if I can listen to headphones while working or not at the new job.

If you can listen to headphones without working too long hours, it will be an almost perfect job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2023, 8:30 pm

Well had my first day at the new job, and seems like it went well.

And so far I like it, they have me working a shirt pressing machine and collar and cuff steamer thing, idk I can be bad at describing things. But anyways its only my first day, but I think I prefer this work to the last job.

No barking dogs, no poop, no cats who don't know how sharp their claws are trying to jump on my back....no changing into scrubs for work and changing back out to go home. Just go press some shirts and I don't even have to clock out for lunch break. Longer hours, but honestly feels like it goes by quicker than the last job.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 10:09 pm

I like it so far, pressing shirts is actually kind of fun. Also one of the employees has had shown me some different tasks and was showing me how to spot treat shirts with stain remover, and idk that is kind of fun to as far as work tasks. So could be she'll be having me do that some mornings...before there are shirts ready to press.

But yeah idk I like this job way more than the last one so far.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 10:17 pm

Congratulations! :mrgreen:

I'm glad things are working out for you.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 10:26 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Congratulations! :mrgreen:

I'm glad things are working out for you.

Thank you, ha ha...it is working great so far, oof always thought I wanted to work with animals and that was rough... So now I think I'd rather do a non-animal related jobs and just have some pets.

So far me and my boyfriend are thinking a couple cats and a pug.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 10:29 pm

A lack of poop is always a plus.