Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hosss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2023, 2:40 pm

I'm 16 male and i have autism ( high functioning) .in year 9 (14years old) there was this one girl with dyed red hair (she was an emo girl) who started calling me her "best friend" and would talk to me in class (i did like talking to her) and started to call me nicknames (she did this with other neurodivergent students) , in year10 i stopped talking to her because i have less classes to talk to her and in the classes i do have her she isn't close to my table making it very hard to talk to her and she's usually talking to one of her friends (the reason why i don't join in is because i find it hard to socialize in conversations with more than one person )and now in year 11 i tried talking to her and I was met with hostility.

David1346
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2023, 12:37 am

I am sorry you had this experience.

People change. Since you stopped talking to her in Year 10, she may have taken your silence as a form of rejection. I am guessing that you probably never told her why you stopped talking to her. If you look at this from her perspective, you were on friendly terms in year 9 and then all of the sudden you stopped talking to her without any explanation as to why you had changed.

After a year of silence, you resumed talking to her as though nothing had changed since year 9. Can you see why she may have been annoyed with you?

If you want to try and restart your casual friendship, you might try apologizing prior to explaining what happened. Be aware that she may not be in a mood to forgive and to forget.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 10:56 am

Hi:

No, I would not say that she's being malignant. It sounds like she's upset because she probably felt like you kept blowing her off.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2024, 10:40 am

Maybe she was just having a bad day.

alpacka
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2024, 4:26 am

I think David1346 gave an excellent advice, I do believe this as well. And I also want to say that I have done the same as you, it´s hard these social things, is best to apologize and say it was a huge misunderstanding (and don´t force anything from her)