Resources The Law of Attraction and manifestation

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2023, 12:44 am

Hello,

I have recently became interested in the Law Of Attraction and Manifestation. I was wondering if anyone could turn me onto some research material on the topic? I have watched the documentary about The Secret and I am also listening to the audio book of Think And Grow Rich. Are there any books, websites or videos that have helped you in your quest towards spiritual enlightenment or personal success in your own life? If so I would love to hear.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 6:18 am

I've read think and grow rich and a few other similar titles. One of the neatest ones is "The Science of Getting Rich," which was written decades earlier than Napoleon Hill wrote Think and Grow Rich in 1937. It's definitely the single most "law of attraction," type personal finance book I've ever read. It's very inexpensive and a fairly quick read but suuuuuuper cool when it comes to mixing the law of attraction type stuff & personal success and finance. I really should re-read it again. I actually gave my copy away and then bought another one because even though it's short and simple it really is pretty cool and of all the titles I've read it's definitely the Most "law of attraction-y," personal finance book. (lol I've never read "the secret." I guess it's still a secret.)

I've read other titles, too. Like John Keho's "Mind Power Into the 21st Century." IIRC, I attended some presentation of his as well. All of these books spanning literal centuries all have the same basic core universal truths in them. It doesn't really matter which one you utilize, IMO, as they're all preaching the same thing. "The richest man in Babylon," is another good one - finance book in the form of a story. "The Alchemist," is another good one.. not super finance related, but a good read for general living of life and working etc. I can't even remember the titles of others I've read - I guess they weren't thaaat impactful. I know I have another stack of books I've never read yet somewhere - maybe I'll read them someday, maybe not.

Due to holiday sales I've seen toooonnnnns of ads on Facebook for Mind Valley memberships and have listened to a few of the 30+ minute advertisements, including one about manifestation by some Australian woman who went from broke to quite wealthy after being pointed in the direction of mindset self improvement and manifestation vs. studying business stuff. There's another on energy work that's super popular, and another for The Silva Method of mind control. etc etc. Mind Valley does seem like an intriguing use of internet time vs. all the time I waste on BS. The biggest off putting thing is that their annual membership fee is only sold in US dollars so even when it's on sale it's a 35% or so premium in Canadian dollars - which is some kind of BS to me lol. It works out to something like $540 Cdn/year when on sale. A bit pricey.. but, could be a good value if taking several of the courses offered results in profound mindset change and in turn productivity/manifestation/attracting opportunities & money etc. Like anything it's only worth it if you use it fully.. and could end up being a complete waste of money like so many peoples' monthly gym memberships they never use. It's interesting, though.

The founder of Mind Valley started off his own personal journey with "The Silva Method," and has used it for decades. Apparently that book sold Millions of copies. Probably another good title to explore. I should do some of these things as well. Hell, I should simply gtfoffline and read more books again period.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 8:06 am

Canadian Freedom Lover wrote:
Hello,

I have recently became interested in the Law Of Attraction and Manifestation. I was wondering if anyone could turn me onto some research material on the topic? I have watched the documentary about The Secret and I am also listening to the audio book of Think And Grow Rich. Are there any books, websites or videos that have helped you in your quest towards spiritual enlightenment or personal success in your own life? If so I would love to hear.

TBH, most of that stuff is garbage. The closest thing to that which does work would be hypnosis. But, really, any of it will work for some people, it's just that people forget that there's a "positive doing" that needs to go with the "positive thinking" and that it will likely fail absolutely miserably for most people that are posting here just because of how hard it is for us to keep things like that in our heads. If we could keep it in our head, we'd already be doing it.

But, hypnosis works, and we're typically very easy to hypnotize. There is some truth to it in that you need to have your mind looking out for opportunities, but you also need the resources and willingness to do the work as well. Which is usually where those resources fail as they're not being marketed to people who have those things.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2023, 6:51 pm

Thanks for both of your replies guys!

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2023, 6:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I've read think and grow rich and a few other similar titles. One of the neatest ones is "The Science of Getting Rich," which was written decades earlier than Napoleon Hill wrote Think and Grow Rich in 1937. It's definitely the single most "law of attraction," type personal finance book I've ever read. It's very inexpensive and a fairly quick read but suuuuuuper cool when it comes to mixing the law of attraction type stuff & personal success and finance. I really should re-read it again. I actually gave my copy away and then bought another one because even though it's short and simple it really is pretty cool and of all the titles I've read it's definitely the Most "law of attraction-y," personal finance book. (lol I've never read "the secret." I guess it's still a secret.)

I've read other titles, too. Like John Keho's "Mind Power Into the 21st Century." IIRC, I attended some presentation of his as well. All of these books spanning literal centuries all have the same basic core universal truths in them. It doesn't really matter which one you utilize, IMO, as they're all preaching the same thing. "The richest man in Babylon," is another good one - finance book in the form of a story. "The Alchemist," is another good one.. not super finance related, but a good read for general living of life and working etc. I can't even remember the titles of others I've read - I guess they weren't thaaat impactful. I know I have another stack of books I've never read yet somewhere - maybe I'll read them someday, maybe not.

Due to holiday sales I've seen toooonnnnns of ads on Facebook for Mind Valley memberships and have listened to a few of the 30+ minute advertisements, including one about manifestation by some Australian woman who went from broke to quite wealthy after being pointed in the direction of mindset self improvement and manifestation vs. studying business stuff. There's another on energy work that's super popular, and another for The Silva Method of mind control. etc etc. Mind Valley does seem like an intriguing use of internet time vs. all the time I waste on BS. The biggest off putting thing is that their annual membership fee is only sold in US dollars so even when it's on sale it's a 35% or so premium in Canadian dollars - which is some kind of BS to me lol. It works out to something like $540 Cdn/year when on sale. A bit pricey.. but, could be a good value if taking several of the courses offered results in profound mindset change and in turn productivity/manifestation/attracting opportunities & money etc. Like anything it's only worth it if you use it fully.. and could end up being a complete waste of money like so many peoples' monthly gym memberships they never use. It's interesting, though.

The founder of Mind Valley started off his own personal journey with "The Silva Method," and has used it for decades. Apparently that book sold Millions of copies. Probably another good title to explore. I should do some of these things as well. Hell, I should simply gtfoffline and read more books again period.

Thanks for all of those book suggestions goldfish21, I will check them out in the new year.

Canadian Freedom Lover
Raven
Raven

31 Dec 2023, 7:10 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Canadian Freedom Lover wrote:
Hello,

TBH, most of that stuff is garbage. The closest thing to that which does work would be hypnosis. But, really, any of it will work for some people, it's just that people forget that there's a "positive doing" that needs to go with the "positive thinking" and that it will likely fail absolutely miserably for most people that are posting here just because of how hard it is for us to keep things like that in our heads. If we could keep it in our head, we'd already be doing it.

But, hypnosis works, and we're typically very easy to hypnotize. There is some truth to it in that you need to have your mind looking out for opportunities, but you also need the resources and willingness to do the work as well. Which is usually where those resources fail as they're not being marketed to people who have those things.

I agree MatchboxVagabond, you only get out what you put in. One can't just simply sit on the couch all day and wish for their life to change. They have to put in the work first. Weather or not you believe in the supernatural part of visualization and manifestation does not matter in my opinion, because I feel that staying positive and and alert to opportunities is a pretty good habit to get into.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 4:24 pm

I’ve seen an ad on fb a few times for a law of attraction type workbook/guidebook called 369project.com and they claim to have sold 400k copies. The video ad is okay, never clicked the ad. Might be worth looking into if it’s inexpensive.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2024, 6:02 pm

Seems to me that its main assumption is flawed. I don't think there's any scientific evidence that expecting something to happen makes it happen. I think the best that can be said for it is that if a person expects nothing but bad things, then they won't do anything to open any doors to good things, so obviously if they began to think more positively then they'd be more likely to see opportunities and to take advantage of them. But I doubt that very many people are as negative as that in the first place. And the idea that expecting your mail to contain bills will make it so, that's just silly. I've had unexpected bills before. I've expected an envelope to contain bad news only to find that it didn't. These things are called surprises, and they happen all the time.