Bombing in Iran connected to Recent Assassinations?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 4:54 am

I dont know who this Utube reporter is. But ...the way he connects the dots on this issue does make sense.

https://youtu.be/3Knrf5IoP2I

Iran is now fighting (sometimes literal cross border gun play) with the Taliban rulers of neighboring Afghanistan over water rights. The Taliban is also fighting against ISS rebels within its borders. ISIS also hates the Iranian regime (funny how all three of these Islamist extremist groups hate each other). So ... I was thinking that this recent bombing that killed mourners of General Sulieman was perpetrated by either ISIS or the Taliban. The guy in the vids suggests it was an Iranian opposition group. But any of the three suspects (iranian opposition, ISIS, or Taliban) might have been covertly cooperating with Israel- given the timing. Strange as that may sound.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm

No, most likely not.

ISIS has claimed responsibility.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 4:19 pm

The Saudies (fellow Sunni patrons of both ISIS and Al Queda) might have ...persuaded ISIS to do it. Or not.

But either way...

A couple months ago I showed how we all should be cheering for the Taliban because its fighting ISIS.

Now we can cheer ISIS because they are opening a second front against Iran ...distracting Iran from its war by proxy on Israel.

YAYYYYY ISIS! :lol:

Kinda like how we should be grateful for syphilis ...because it killed AL Capone! :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 4:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The Saudies (fellow Sunni patrons of both ISIS and Al Queda) might have ...persuaded ISIS to do it. Or not.

But either way...

A couple months ago I showed how we all should be cheering for the Taliban because its fighting ISIS.

Now we can cheer ISIS because they are opening a second front against Iran ...distracting Iran from its war by proxy on Israel.

YAYYYYY ISIS! :lol:

Kinda like how we should be grateful for syphilis ...because it killed AL Capone! :lol:

Personally, I'm mildly sympathetic to Iran (and the Taliban) while they're fighting ISIS, never the other way around.

The Taliban and the Iranian government are both largely nationalist in nature, whereas ISIS wants to impose their rule on as many people as possible. ISIS seem like less rational actors, even when compared to other religiously motivated irrational actors.

That's not to suggest Iran or the Taliban are forces for good, only that unfortunately sometimes the less bad guys are the best we'll get.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2024, 7:46 pm

I was being facetious.

When one disqusting group gets bitten in the arse by another disqusting group then you're forced to thank god for the existence of that second revolting group. And you start rooting for them both tear each other apart. So I interjected some black humor into it by ...waving poms poms and pretending to be cheerleading for them.

If you wanna seriously compare the relative disqustingness of the groups then thats another subject.

The Taliban are the products of a foreign ideology...that of Saudi Wahabism. So they arent exactly "nationalists". They are largely the products of the Wahbist schools of Pakistan set up Saudi Arabia. But at least they do just stick to the one country of Afghanistan. They may have harbored the international terrorist group Al Queda, and they are now trying to crush a rebellion by another international terrorist group (ISIS) but yes they do tend stay in the own borders, and to just oppress their own.

In the long standing "regional cold war" between Iran and Saudi Arabia ...I also kinda secretely rooted for Iran because it seemed like the more sympathetic, and the slight less bad of the two regimes.

the Saudies export their brand of Wahbist Sunnism, and indirectly support terrorism. And they are an oppressive theocratic monarchy that beheads folks.

Iran hangs you from cranes. But at least Iran has the machinery of democracy (executive, legislature, elections). One could hope that it might morph into a real democracy someday in the not too distant future. And I had some sympathy for Iran because ...long story short...Iran was driven into the arms of the current theocratic regime by being f****d over by the US since 1953 when we overthrow their one democratically elected head of state and replaced him with a puppet monarch (the Shah).

But the recent brutal crackdown on women violating dress codes...show that liberalization is not around the corner in Iran.

And Iran's military adventurism, and current proxi war on Israel show that its a threat.