Aspie crush flirts but denies it

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

3ltd
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2024, 5:29 pm

Thanks all. I’ve been leaving him alone, as you all and logic have suggested. I do not censor my conversations around him either. I think he has just been getting an ego boost from my attention and not realizing the effect that encouraging me has on my emotions. I am considered attractive my many, and am bubbly and outgoing. I don’t think he realized that I was serious about him or that he had the power to hurt me this way.

Though I ignored him, others informed me he was obviously eavesdropping on my conversations and getting upset when I talked to or about other men, and when they compliment me. Combined with his assertion that he isn’t interested in me, all signs point to ego…or if he is malicious, leading me on.

I told him that his actions aren’t matching his words, and while I would like to be friends, I am confused, uncomfortable, and therefore skeptical of the situation. I asked for clarification and he left me on read. So be it.

I have a few friends in common with his ex, all of whom have been probing me for information about his actions towards me, and implying that I might be overly forward with other people’s partners. I calmly told them that I have explained myself multiple times, and have no desire to repeatedly prove my morality to people who are supposed to be my friends. Either they believe me or they don’t, but the conversation is over.

At the end of the day, I don’t think any of the people involved in this scenario understand me. They don’t see where I’m coming from, they don’t trust me, and at worst they may not respect me. I think I have to respect myself, and stop trying to prove myself to people who don’t want to see me for who I am. I need to find people who like and value me. Thank you everyone for your kind words.