How do you relate to other women if you are able?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LittleBeach
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2024, 9:55 am

I often feel childish in the company of other women. There’s some kind of poise or social sophistication I’m missing and it feels quite glaringly obvious I’m different somehow (like an elephant in the room), even though it’s hard to put the finger on how exactly.

If the other women are nice, they are motherly towards me. If they are not nice, they will be passive aggressive.

It’s a different dynamic with men. They are more likely to be attracted to me so the balance of power feels like it’s shifted towards me slightly more.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 6:37 pm

The few friends I have are men. I find women difficult to interact with because they expect the same social sophistication of me that they have. Women tend to read subtext into the things that I say that I didn't mean and wasn't aware of, so I will sometimes appear, to them, to have said something snide or insulting when I absolutely had not. And they use subtext in their interactions, which I miss, so I am often baffled by what they are saying.

avanaphia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Today, 10:05 am

One of the things that I struggle with the most is making and keeping female friends. I feel like there are so many unspoken rules that I'm unaware of. Almost all of my friends that I've ever had are either men or older women. I've noticed men seem to be more direct and straight forawrd compared to NT women which seems to make communication easier. I feel like interacting with other women, especially those my age is so difficult. I don't feel like I'm a "real" woman around them. I feel more like a little girl cosplaying as a woman. If that makes sense.