Anxious about posting- this is my first time reaching out

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 4:42 pm

Yes .. not understanding could make a person crazy.. but then you still try to push through instead of doing proper things that would aide in your recovery ... and thinking to research this stuff.Instead, , not knowing about the stuff that is creating a diabocle situation . :evil: Extra un wanted suffering :evil:
Best Wishes Mountaingoat on your new, (maybe not so new) found journey of discovery . :mrgreen: :ninja: :mrgreen: :ninja: :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are

Toomuchcoffee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Jan 2024, 1:09 am

Hey all. I actually posted a a reply a few days ago but can't seem to find it here.
Thanks for all the input from you guys. I'm hoping to learn more, and as I have a med check coming up soon I plan to talk with my psychiatrist about referring me to get tested.

:heart:

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 5:27 am

Welcome! From what I heard it's likely most autistic people have some co-morbid. Beware that your doctor might knew it all along but thought it's not your biggest issue. Like one of my sons has ADHD as well, even though they knew it they thought autism was the bigger issue. My brother has multiple mental issues and once a social worker wondered if he could have autism, but shrugged it off, as it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

I do think seeking a diagnosis would be a good step to take for self discovery. There's no treatment for autism itself, but many meds for bi-polar. So, you can see why doctors might focus on things they can treat. :roll:

As for fights with your husband. It takes two so it might not be only your problem. Nobody is absolutely normal. You don't have to take all the blame. You can both try to understand each other better. :)

Toomuchcoffee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Feb 2024, 12:38 pm

The issues I'm having are that I don't experience mania or depression- like I just have days where I'm feeling more motivated so I'll catch up on errands where I can, and some days it seems like a "chore" to do most things. Like I know I should but I just don't or I have to force myself.

I'd think me not exhibiting either of the two states that literally define bipolar would mean I don't have it, but I'm not a doctor so I just listened to what they said. Idk, it's weird to me.

And about the fights...that's a thing. My husband does have anger issues. He's evidently always had them. Although if you want my belief on this it's that he grew up the perpetual center of attention and he's a little entitled. He does have a huge heart and wants to help and loves big, he just still has some growing room. Actually since I started researching this and sharing my findings and talking with him openly, we're both learning a lot and giving a lot of patience/grace.