Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 8:25 pm

Youtube is the Wild West of children's programming. Below I quote from an article because it says it better than I ever could.

Quote:

The rest of the article is mostly about how Paw Patrol has jumped the shark, which is beyond the scope of this post (but feel free to discuss it if you want anyway)

Cassie's mother keeps sitting her in front of Youtube and kids youtube is just... low quality and weird. Poorly animated nursery rhymes indeed. I'm not saying all of them are jump scares and snuff films disguised as kids shows, but even the ones that aren't are low quality and weird.

Prepare to see animation that looks like a knock off of a knock off of a knock off. Prepare to see pregnant Elsa getting the pimples scraped off her feet by the Avengers for some reason. Prepare to hear songs where the lyrics don't fit the rhythm of the melody.

The character designs come from deep within the uncanny valley and they all move like robots.

I got Cassie a subscription to Paramount+ because the kids shows they have... are actual kids shows. Not weird s**t about pregnant Elsa getting murdered.

Cassie's mother has no taste. I tried to explain why Cocomelon isn't good music and she didn't understand. The trouble is, the youtube algorithm looks at what you've watched and gives you similar shows. If you watch bad shows you'll get more of the same.

So that's what Jane and Cassie's youtube channel is filled with now. Cocomelon and cheap knockoffs of Frozen. It doesn't help that Youtube keeps autoplay turned on by default. You can turn it off (on your PC) but on Jane's TV or on her Chinese streaming box I can't identify anyway to turn it off. Autoplay is bad for kids.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I don't know why Youtube kids has to curate the absolute worst animations ever made and concentrate them into high octane nightmare fuel.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 8:39 pm

That sounds awful.

Kids shouldn't be exposed to weird and disturbing programmes that are unsuitable, even if they ae supposedly marketing themselves as kids shows.