Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 8:51 pm

I can’t walk too good, I have bone pain in my ankle, I also have Psoriatic Arthritis, that affects the bones so much, I think it in my ankles too, my right ankle is so tight. Can I still get a boyfriend? Do men have to meet women within a week or two? There no way in meeting him until I get help. When I get help, then I can go to the doctors.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 9:21 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I can’t walk too good, I have bone pain in my ankle, I also have Psoriatic Arthritis, that affects the bones so much, I think it in my ankles too, my right ankle is so tight. Can I still get a boyfriend? Do men have to meet women within a week or two? There no way in meeting him until I get help. When I get help, then I can go to the doctors.

Probably, I don't see why that would be sufficient to make you unlovable.

As far as the time goes, it's worth realizing that a lot of women seem to enjoy leading men on for kicks.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 9:42 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

As far as the time goes, it's worth realizing that a lot of women seem to enjoy leading men on for kicks.

A lot of people do that no matter their gender. It’s not just a female thing. It’s even happened to female members on WP.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 10:59 pm

Yes, you can still find someone. Some people would be okay with not meeting right away. There are a lot of people out there.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 1:31 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

A lot of people do that no matter their gender. It’s not just a female thing. It’s even happened to female members on WP.

There's at least an order of magnitude differenve in terms of prevalence, especially on dating sites. Some things genuinely are gendered issues.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 1:56 pm

This isn’t a gendered issue. We can all accept the fact that people of all genders experience it without making it about which one has it worse. Claiming that one gender has it worse invalidates the experience of many members on top of being kind of pointless.

Look at all the scammers and predators on dating sites that target women. Maybe members who aren’t women who’ve used dating sites wouldn’t be fully aware of the fact that women, including some on WP, have experienced the same stuff.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 5:54 pm

MatchboxVagabond wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
MatchboxVagabond wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

There's at least an order of magnitude differenve in terms of prevalence, especially on dating sites. Some things genuinely are gendered issues.

I didn't understand, what did you say? I'm not on a dating site anymore.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2024, 6:00 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Yes, you can still find someone. Some people would be okay with not meeting right away. There are a lot of people out there.

Thank You for answering me. when I post & ask questions, people here don't always tell me what I want to know.