Ramaswamy suspends 2024 bid, endorses Trump

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 10:57 am

The Hill

Quote:
Vivek Ramaswamy announced Monday night he’s dropping out of the 2024 GOP presidential race and endorsing former President Trump following the long shot’s disappointing showing in the Iowa caucuses, the latest announcement to winnow down the primary field Trump dominates.

“As of this moment, we are going to suspend this presidential campaign,” Ramaswamy told supporters in Iowa on Monday night.

“As I’ve said since the beginning, there are two America First candidates in this race. And earlier tonight, I called Donald Trump to tell him that I congratulate him on his victory, and now going forward, you will have my full endorsement for the presidency,” Ramaswamy said later, while one of his attendees interjected during his remarks, “Don’t do it!”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 6:05 pm

Is he making a bid to be VP?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 6:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Is he making a bid to be VP?

He was never seriously running for president.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 3:43 am

Well...he just confirms the American dream because he demonstrates how good a hardworking immigrant can be...does so by...showing how he (an immigrant and a POC) can hate POCs just as much, if not more, than home grown White folks! :D

So White native Nativists should love him for that reason because he ...can beat them at thier own game!

Except ...if he can beat them at their own game then...that just shows how immigrants are taking jobs from us home grown Americans...and proves that they are a threat to home grown Americans!

Even the job of...hating POC isnt safe from being taken by...POC!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 3:48 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...he just confirms the American dream because he demonstrates how good a hardworking immigrant can be...does so by...showing how he (an immigrant and a POC) can hate POCs just as much, if not more, than home grown White folks! :D !

Aren't something like 1 in 3 "brown" Hispanics, east Asians and south Asians supporters of Trump? What type of mental gymnastics do you think they do to avoid dealing with cognitive dissonance that the leadership they support thinks POC are some type of "contamination" to both country and bloodline.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 5:25 am

Beats me.

Ask Mr. Goya (the founder of the Goya Mexican foods company).

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Jan 2024, 5:33 am

Where does he fit in?

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 12:49 pm

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Well...he just confirms the American dream because he demonstrates how good a hardworking immigrant can be...does so by...showing how he (an immigrant and a POC) can hate POCs just as much, if not more, than home grown White folks! :D !

Aren't something like 1 in 3 "brown" Hispanics, east Asians and south Asians supporters of Trump? What type of mental gymnastics do you think they do to avoid dealing with cognitive dissonance that the leadership they support thinks POC are some type of "contamination" to both country and bloodline.

Most Hispanic Republicans are of Cuban heritage, living in South Florida, voting GOP because of their traditional anti-communist stance.

Mexicans in Texas are about evenly split between the two parties, and are solidly Democratic in other states.

Puerto Ricans are almost universally Democratic.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 1:10 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
Where does he fit in?

Who? Mr Goya? In the ethnic food aisle of Giant.

He is a Mexican American who donates and publicly supported Trump. Presumably still does.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 5:49 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Most Hispanic Republicans are of Cuban heritage, living in South Florida, voting GOP because of their traditional anti-communist stance.

Mexicans in Texas are about evenly split between the two parties, and are solidly Democratic in other states.

That makes sense but that's still millions of POC who vote for Trump. I know there is hundreds of thousands of Indian, Vietnamese, Filipino and Chinese Americans who think like Vivek. The whole anti-affirmative class action bought on against Ivy League Universities was an embarrassment and shows how selfish many (particularly in the east Asian community) are.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2024, 8:46 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I doubt that "most Hispanic Republicans are Cuban".

But, yes...most Cuban Americans ARE Republican. And your other figures are probably right (that Texas Mexicans are evenly split and that most Puerto Ricans are Dems).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 3:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
[
But, yes...most Cuban Americans ARE Republican. And your other figures are probably right (that Texas Mexicans are evenly split and that most Puerto Ricans are Dems).

I kind of understand Cubans and Vietnamese being pro-republican due to most escaping communism. In addition the first generation of Cubans were also of predominantly of Spanish extraction so instantly tick the "white" box.

My earlier point is that the rest of the POC crowd who support Trump are doing mental gymnastics to justify why they like Trump.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 7:13 am

cyberdad wrote:
My earlier point is that the rest of the POC crowd who support Trump are doing mental gymnastics to justify why they like Trump.

They are but there are valid reasons they feel the need to do so. “Defund the Police” was unpopular. It turned out as much as they fear the police they fear no police more. The old saying from the ‘70s “A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged” applies here. The “trans agenda” like with white people tends to be resisted by older people. It is also at odds with “machismo” that traditionally been part hispanic culture. A lot of black social live centers around the church. I know I have been stereotyping but there is enough truth in those stereotypes to be a factor.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2024, 7:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

They are but there are valid reasons they feel the need to do so. “Defund the Police” was unpopular. It turned out as much as they fear the police they fear no police more. The old saying from the ‘70s “A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged” applies here. The “trans agenda” like with white people tends to be resisted by older people. It is also at odds with “machismo” that traditionally been part hispanic culture. A lot of black social live centers around the church. I know I have been stereotyping but there is enough truth in those stereotypes to be a factor.

In this day and age practical reasons > principles it seems
But sometimes it's out of spite.

The east Asian parents who successfully lead the protests agains affirmative action for black students have zero to gain in practical terms since their little emperors and empresses had to already settle with a non-Ivy league university. They did it for what they perceived as revenge against an enemy that doesn't actually exist.

It's easy for wealthy asians like Ramaswamy (who is a billionaire) to talk about merit and throw their support for Trump.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 9:06 am

he was so annoying

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2024, 5:41 pm

^^ :lol: