Suggestion to the change of the name Wrong Planet

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jan 2024, 6:09 am

I think the name Wrong Planet makes perfect sense.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 6:18 am

I'm not advocating changing the name, but I don't necessarily feel that I'm on the wrong planet. Or at least, I can't imagine what the right planet would look/feel like.

My experience has been more of disassociation. I've always felt like an observer on this planet, rather than an active participant. I'm observing humanity much as I observe birds or insects, just watching the things they do and trying to work out the mechanisms behind the behaviour. When I try to get directly involved there's a disconnect there that prevents me fully engaging with what's going on, any more than I can be a part of an ant colony or a herd of wild horses. I'm a guest in their world.

But I have no reason to believe things would be any different on any other planet.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 8:02 am

I can't say that I really care, but changing the name of a long established site is likely to cause more problems than it's worth.

I do think that the name is a little goofy if you don't know the origins, but I'm not sure that s different name would be any better.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 10:23 am

That makes sense.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 10:31 am

alex wrote:
FranzOren wrote:
I wonder if there can be better alternative name to Wrong Planet, such as changing it to different to Different Planet.

I told my dad about Wrong Planet website and community and he said that he didn't like that name because it implies that there is something very wrong with us when it's not true. I hope you know what I mean. My dad said it should be called Different Planet instead.

Can you ask him to explain the logic he used to arrive at that conclusion? It doesn't imply that at all so I'm wondering why he would think that.

I think he didn't like the name, because he thinks it implies that there is something wrong about us, something defective basically, and my dad suggests a more nicer name, such as the name Different Planet. I did explain to my dad that it means the opposite of what he thinks.

I explained to him that it means that the world is difficult for us people with ASD in the NT world and my dad understood, although he did suggest a more nicer name.

vividgroovy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2024, 10:52 am

The name "Wrong Planet" is what attracted me to this site. It sums up how I feel sometimes and I think it's meant to be somewhat humorous.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 10:56 am

That makes more sense.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 11:00 am

Wrong Planet is a harmless phrase I think. I feel like you have to find humor in being autistic.

Different Planet feels..off?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 11:06 am

That makes even more sense, I am starting to understand now. It is humourous. Lol :D

Although my dad thought and still might think it's a negative name, but he understands that it means that opposite of what he thinks.

TikvaBall
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2024, 11:57 am

Maybe you should give him the link to this thread so he can see our explanations.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:05 pm

I think "Different Planet" might convey the wrong message, because it seems to suggest we're in another world, as in "What planet are you on?" So it's kind of self-deprecating.

I like "Wrong Planet" because it has a slight element of blaming the world for our problems, which I think is somewhat justifiable.

Still, it's all very subjective. Anyway, we often dislike change, so let's not mess with the name we're all used to.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:11 pm

That makes sense, I am sorry that I asked

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:14 pm

The name has gone on too long now to be changed, in any case.

The name is practically a legend.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:17 pm

That's true.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 12:18 pm

TikvaBall wrote:
Maybe you should give him the link to this thread so he can see our explanations.

I shared it to him.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2024, 1:52 pm

“Different Planet” also implies we are not human.

It’s not that I have not felt like an alien at times but I just think it’s a bad idea to give into these feelings.

Also since I created the polls as a society we have gone on a name changing spree giving in to anybody who feels offended. Yes, the name “Wrong Planet” has always offended me but that is the name most members want. I always have the option of leaving but as you see after 10 1/12 years I continue to be here. I’ve decided not to be “woke” about this and deal with it. Leaving over the name will only hurt me not any other members.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman