Do I strike you as a Level 1 or a Level 2?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

What_in_the_what_now
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2024, 8:01 am

naturalplastic wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Incontinence isn't part of autism.
The support levels are only based on our autism-related needs.
For example, I've had a strokes but they don't factor in my stroke needs.

I can't answer, CR, because I don't know you well enough.
How much are you bothered by sensory concerns?
That's one way they measure our support levels.

Otherwise I agree with Daniel. :heart:

Does it not depend on the type of incontinence, as to whether it might be autism related?

For example, ADHD doesn't necessitate bedwetting, but there are medications out there (tricyclic antidepressants) that can be used to treat bedwetting in ADHD patients.

Might issues with executive function/self regulation not conceivably cause incontinence of some variety?

Yes. It depends on the type of inc. There was a certain teenage guy on WP (he fled to Aspie Central years ago) who was quite articulate and would seem high functioning from his posts. But he "still had trouble going to the bathroom by himself". He had been in special autism programs since the beginning of his elementary school.

Fled?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 9:01 am

Yes.

I used the colorful word "fled" because ...after being here on WP years thats about the best way to describe how some folks disappear from this site...especially if they tended to get into barroom brawls here a lot.

The person in question was a nice articulate kid who actually contributed quite a bit to the site (he had been in special autism education in gradeschool and that gave him insights that most dont have ..like about how autistics can be as bad as an nts).

But he came from a family of Evangelical Evolution deniers. And was a staunch MAGA. And he would get into political and or religious fights a lot. Even when the topic was not obviously partisan nor religious...he would latch on to conspiracy theories (he was convinced that the Moon landing was fake).

I dunno whether he got banned, or if he just got fed up with the crowd here, but he stopped showing up here. And took up residence at Aspie Central. I started my own account at Aspie Central...we exchanged greetings there. But I havent used my account there much since. But at Aspie Central things are more controlled, and the rules are set up to discourage raging political debates. So a person like him might do better on a site like that for that reason.

What_in_the_what_now
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2024, 10:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Yes.

I used the colorful word "fled" because ...after being here on WP years thats about the best way to describe how some folks disappear from this site...especially if they tended to get into barroom brawls here a lot.

The person in question was a nice articulate kid who actually contributed quite a bit to the site (he had been in special autism education in gradeschool and that gave him insights that most dont have ..like about how autistics can be as bad as an nts).

But he came from a family of Evangelical Evolution deniers. And was a staunch MAGA. And he would get into political and or religious fights a lot. Even when the topic was not obviously partisan nor religious...he would latch on to conspiracy theories (he was convinced that the Moon landing was fake).

I dunno whether he got banned, or if he just got fed up with the crowd here, but he stopped showing up here. And took up residence at Aspie Central. I started my own account at Aspie Central...we exchanged greetings there. But I havent used my account there much since. But at Aspie Central things are more controlled, and the rules are set up to discourage raging political debates. So a person like him might do better on a site like that for that reason.

thanks for the reply, I was worried there was a distinct narrative to being included.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 12:21 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Incontinence seems like a rather significant impairment.

I'd go for level 2.
Incontinence is not an Autism functioning level determining factor

Wreck It Ralph