Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

What_in_the_what_now
Raven
Raven

27 Jan 2024, 1:42 pm

I was listening to Devon Price audiobook and there was lots of talk on making your space fit you not normative ideals, have things how you want them not how were told to. Make the environment less stressful to you. similar thoughts on all aspects of personal life.

But what about being in a relationship? having children? should everyone bend to my will? Wont I make my child weird ?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm

What_in_the_what_now wrote:
But what about being in a relationship? having children? should everyone bend to my will? Wont I make my child weird ?
I think that's a very good point. You can not expect others to always accommodate you & you should also not try to always accommodate others. Being able to compromise is very important for everyone, especially within a relationship, having kids, or living with other family or roomates situations.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2024, 11:48 pm

Have your own autism cave, and let others have their space too. That seems a reasonable solution to me.

Sharing space with others can be difficult, yeah. I have my own little autism space in one room. I offered the spot to my sister to try to nap in once, and she said she couldn't relax because it was so cluttered and messy she nearly had a panic attack.

Different strokes for different folks :)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD