Page 14 of 14 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 7:42 am

Trump leads in 3-way race with Biden, RFK Jr.: Poll

Quote:
Former President Trump is the front-runner in a three-way race with President Biden and Independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris poll shared with The Hill on Monday.

In a race between the three candidates, 44 percent of surveyed voters said they backed Trump, while 38 percent said they would vote for Biden. Another 12 percent said they supported Kennedy, and 5 percent said they did not know or were unsure of whom they were going to support.

The former president also led Biden in a two-way race, with 48 percent of respondents saying they would back Trump and 43 percent saying the same about Biden. Another 9 percent said they did not know or were unsure.

“Trump has a clear lead now in the presidential race and it’s based on the simplest of reasons — America thinks Donald Trump did a better job as president and so are willing to vote him back into office. Biden has a hill to climb at this point, though he has done it in the past,” said Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll.

Penn added that the polling shows a gender divide between Trump and Biden, with more men throwing their support behind Trump and more women backing Biden.

The polling comes as Republicans and Democrats express concern about how Kennedy could impact the race as a third-party candidate. The Democratic National Committee has established its own team to counter the influence of third-party candidates like Kennedy. And despite polls showing him fairing well with Kennedy in the race, Trump has lashed out against him.

In a Truth Social post last week, Trump accused Kennedy of being put in the race in an effort to help Biden and said his running mate Nicole Shanahan is not a serious pick. Kennedy fired back on the social platform X, calling Trump “unhinged.”

If this poll is accurate and if the election were held today Trump would win an electoral college landslide.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 8:52 am

Gish, I hope you are Wrong ..! But none has been allowed to offer a better alternative... Would vote for. my neighbourhood plumber over these choices..... that being said have noticed in my part of the Country a Evangelical
majority , being fed much Yellow journalism , and eagerly swallowing it hook line and sinker, Even heard a Midwestern Court Judge speaking privately to a group of these types. Of chracters ..Espousing hate and making hysterical claims about
other politicians wives , etc in very derrogatory manner . It was all I could do to not walk out in front of a group if some , so called associates It stressed me seriously ..And he timed his speech into a interrupting a normal Lunch hour as well.
With no breaks. Possibly affecting peoples blood sugar levels, (so perhaps they,might become more reactionary?).:skull:
His speech was the worst of utube videos on the topic of politics,with the most intention to create a reactionary person/ almost a anxiety campaign, that was very Pro Trump slanted. :( . This type of stuff makes me want to dig a hole and drag it in after me. 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 30 Apr 2024, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 9:36 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump leads in 3-way race with Biden, RFK Jr.: Poll
Quote:
Former President Trump is the front-runner in a three-way race with President Biden and Independent candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr., according to a Harvard CAPS-Harris poll shared with The Hill on Monday.

In a race between the three candidates, 44 percent of surveyed voters said they backed Trump, while 38 percent said they would vote for Biden. Another 12 percent said they supported Kennedy, and 5 percent said they did not know or were unsure of whom they were going to support.

The former president also led Biden in a two-way race, with 48 percent of respondents saying they would back Trump and 43 percent saying the same about Biden. Another 9 percent said they did not know or were unsure.

“Trump has a clear lead now in the presidential race and it’s based on the simplest of reasons — America thinks Donald Trump did a better job as president and so are willing to vote him back into office. Biden has a hill to climb at this point, though he has done it in the past,” said Mark Penn, the co-director of the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll.

Penn added that the polling shows a gender divide between Trump and Biden, with more men throwing their support behind Trump and more women backing Biden.

The polling comes as Republicans and Democrats express concern about how Kennedy could impact the race as a third-party candidate. The Democratic National Committee has established its own team to counter the influence of third-party candidates like Kennedy. And despite polls showing him fairing well with Kennedy in the race, Trump has lashed out against him.

In a Truth Social post last week, Trump accused Kennedy of being put in the race in an effort to help Biden and said his running mate Nicole Shanahan is not a serious pick. Kennedy fired back on the social platform X, calling Trump “unhinged.”

If this poll is accurate and if the election were held today Trump would win an electoral college landslide.

I think I'm losing my ability to even care anymore. It's the only defense mechanism I have left to keep me from going completely off the deep end. :shrug:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 10:01 am

Gotta wonder , if anybody could put a "write in" Candidate .. Its mind numbing but if (((good people do mothing, bad people win !)))) ........imho.. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 10:37 am

Jakki wrote:
Gotta wonder , if anybody could put a "write in" Candidate .. Its mind numbing but if (((good people do mothing, bad people win !)))) ........imho.. :roll:

That is your right. I would ask how to do it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 3:28 pm

kennedy junior the spoiler is gonna wreck this country by his spoiler hood. with him out of the race Biden stands a far better chance.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 6:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kennedy junior the spoiler is gonna wreck this country by his spoiler hood. with him out of the race Biden stands a far better chance.

In that poll, Trump is up by 6 points with Kennedy in 5 points without him, no real difference.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm

polls can change over time.

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 8:58 pm

I called the last two elections and I say Biden this time. I don't believe Trump won the first time because people wanted him. They were just voting against Clinton and thought Trump didn't have a chance. It is too early to be certain though. Luckily, Trump seems to have infinite feet to stick in his mouth.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2024, 9:09 pm

I'm willing to bet Trump wins and this time it will be the Democrats who lose their s**t by not accepting the outcome of the election.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2024, 7:31 am

If your running the republican party and you need to take away votes from your competitor..You come up with a candidate who is totally crazy..with a Big family name in Politics ( Kennedy) so that you will get people to vote republican. And now these people , eho are on the fence or alittle dissatified with Biden...So he does not get votes.
Then in the last minute , you have Kennedy , step out of the race. and ask all his voters to change to voting for Trump.
It is very sneaky .... , "but if my recollection is good". This had happened before as a way to manipulate election outcomes . Besides ..this maybe all show..the possibility of the Giant corporations with their lobbyists have already decided the election. And the biggest Companies , make their biggest profits from making War,and weapons. :twisted:
" When in the last decades,has any big companies made any money on peace.. " When is the longest period of time that the country (USA)has engaged seriously ,in making peace. Sure we gave charitable programs and companies , But they do NOT
eat up 2/3rds of the entire USA economy.(GNP , Gross National Product).They are tiny in comparison, And the big media companies support all the above things but not so much the Peaceful Organzations. (from my own persoective.)
Even now, if we tried to engage any country in making peace, they would be silly to trust the USA nowadays.