Page 11 of 13 [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 2:15 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'll never be reconverted to Christianity, BUT I have to admit the Christians who don't support Trumpism but are getting constantly bashed online and in public for their religious beliefs have my sympathy. Just like Jews who don't actually support what Israel's far right government is doing to the Palestentians but are facing real antisemitism.

I dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned? But when I think of religous freedom I tend to think it should mean freedom and tolerance for all religions, and should not exlude any religion. But that's just me...

And all sane people.

I’m baptized Roman Catholic but not particularly religious at all. More spiritual than religious.

The single most spiritual occasion I ever attended was an Indigenous funeral for a Warrior. One of the takeaways I got from the experience was that Christianity never had Anything to offer these people. They were already more in tune with The Creator than almost all Christians could ever dream of.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2024, 2:39 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'll never be reconverted to Christianity, BUT I have to admit the Christians who don't support Trumpism but are getting constantly bashed online and in public for their religious beliefs have my sympathy. Just like Jews who don't actually support what Israel's far right government is doing to the Palestentians but are facing real antisemitism.

I dunno, maybe I'm just old fashioned? But when I think of religous freedom I tend to think it should mean freedom and tolerance for all religions, and should not exlude any religion. But that's just me...

And all sane people.

I’m baptized Roman Catholic but not particularly religious at all. More spiritual than religious.

The single most spiritual occasion I ever attended was an Indigenous funeral for a Warrior. One of the takeaways I got from the experience was that Christianity never had Anything to offer these people. They were already more in tune with The Creator than almost all Christians could ever dream of.

I understand, I was never actually baptized but I guess you could say I was raised a Southern Baptist because my Nana took us to Sunday School growing up. My mom I think is most likely an atheist but I didnt realize this until not long ago. She never really talked about her personal beliefs with us.

Anyways I chose to quit being a Christian around the time I found out I was homosexual and realized how homophobic churches around here can be. Then I started the whole wicca thing for a long time but decided that wasn't for me eithet, though I still find "something" in the belief in pagan gods that I find comforting. Not quite sure how to explain it...

Anyways I also believe that at my core I'm actually an omnist. I've come to accept that all religions have some truth and wisdom to them, even Christianity. I guess one could say I forgave Christianity for the way I was treated by homophobes as a kid because I woke up to the fact that not every Christian is a homophobe. There are some I know who know I'm gay but don't hold it against me.

And I think part of the reason most people cling to their religous beliefs is not out of ignorance or false hope, but also as a way to preserve their own culture.

That certainly seems to be the case with Judiasm from what I understand.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 10:21 am

Forensic psychiatrist on physical signs of Trump's mental decline: "Changes in movement and gait"

https://www.salon.com/2024/03/25/forens ... -and-gait/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 10:35 am

Heard on a couple recent David Pakman clips that in multiple states where trump is the only nominee on the republican primary ballot something like 18-20% of primary voters that turned out voted for someone else (haley, desantis etc) which is a pretty good indicator that he's Not going to get enough republican votes to secure a win. He keeps losing support as he goes on his crazy tour saying crazy things while everyone is ever more aware of the advancements in his various legal proceedings.

He's also spending multiple times more of his donations and the rnc's money on his legal fees vs. campaigning while taking in way less money than he's spending. His various accounts are getting depleted while Biden's are pretty full and donations keep coming in for him.. and in American elections where there's a pretty strong correlation between donor $$/campaign funds spend advertising & the election results.. this doesn't look good for trump, either.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 1:44 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Heard on a couple recent David Pakman clips that in multiple states where trump is the only nominee on the republican primary ballot something like 18-20% of primary voters that turned out voted for someone else (haley, desantis etc) which is a pretty good indicator that he's Not going to get enough republican votes to secure a win. He keeps losing support as he goes on his crazy tour saying crazy things while everyone is ever more aware of the advancements in his various legal proceedings.

He's also spending multiple times more of his donations and the rnc's money on his legal fees vs. campaigning while taking in way less money than he's spending. His various accounts are getting depleted while Biden's are pretty full and donations keep coming in for him.. and in American elections where there's a pretty strong correlation between donor $$/campaign funds spend advertising & the election results.. this doesn't look good for trump, either.

Some people who voted for non Trump candidates in the primaries will vote for Trump in the general election because he is the Republican nominee. Others will vote for Trump, stay home, or vote for a third party because they are against Biden.

If one is going to use a significant percentage of primary voters not voting for the presumptive nominee Trump as proof that Trump is going to lose one needs to take into account that a significant percent of Democrat primary voters are not voting for presumptive nominee Biden.

A reminder that a number states have open primaries meaning you do not have to be a Republican to vote for Haley.

While the non Trump Republican primary votes may turn out to be decisive, that is very shaky grounds to base a prediction on.

What I can say is that that the combination of Trump being ahead in the majority of polls for an extended period of time and the Republican Electoral College advantage Trump would probably win if the election were held today.

There are so many unprecedented factors to have any confidence in what is going to happen in November. And I have not factored in a coup.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:04 pm

truth be told, the other GOP wing nuts scare me even more, because they are competent.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
truth be told, the other GOP wing nuts scare me even more, because they are competent.

Agreed. They're all going to rule from the Project 2025 handbook, Trump is just dumb enough to make a lot of unforced errors.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:27 pm

it is a grand irony that trumpy may save us from something even worse from his party.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm

As I've mentioned before, given Trump's unique placement of fixed stars on his natal chart I think there may be some unintended truth to this meme about how he was "chosen by God" (because God ran out of locusts :mrgreen: ).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 8:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it is a grand irony that trumpy may save us from something even worse from his party.

True

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 10:05 pm

for example, senator tom rotten cotton has said on at least one occasion, that [paraphrasing] the feudal social order was the natural order of man and that democracy is inappropriate for most of us 'muuuricans aside from the natural elite.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 9:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
for example, senator tom rotten cotton has said on at least one occasion, that [paraphrasing] the feudal social order was the natural order of man and that democracy is inappropriate for most of us 'muuuricans aside from the natural elite.

That is just insanity...but it does appear that this is the direction that party is going . But as I have dicovered over the years after having moved to a Red State in the approx.. middle of this country ...Do not ever underestimate the lack of. real knowledge( intellect) . Of the Media blasted ( brainwashed)Midwesterner .That lives in all the areas around my own neighbourhood . This place supports " Hate" .. with a capitol H . And this is a media 'key' here to get votes . It is really amazing ( unbelievable) how prevalent . That this emotion is used to manipulate people. Inspite of all available facts .
Reflected in all the politics in my State. :( :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 26 Mar 2024, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 10:38 am

I heard on some news clip last night that trump is also being sued by the J6 injured cops for their injuries and if found liable that bill is gonna be Yuge.. likely wipe out more cash than he has left and put another big damper in his campaign funds - especially if that civil suit moves forward quickly. Not sure on the timeline.. but between all these lawsuits and likely payouts, he's gonna have a hard time paying for actual campaigning at all..

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 8:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRgqRYPTis8

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:15 am

But you know something? There are so many people out there who are hoping that the "American Empire" burns and crumbles.

Trump would certainly be the one to cause that to happen. So why are these same people against him? Reverse psychology? :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 10:22 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
But you know something? There are so many people out there who are hoping that the "American Empire" burns and crumbles.

Trump would certainly be the one to cause that to happen. So why are these same people against him? Reverse psychology? :mrgreen:

Among reasons, because they don't actually want the American Empire to burn, they just don't like to see it act with impunity.

But additionally, even if they want to see a decline in the American Empire, they don't want to see humanity pay the costs that might result from it. When push comes to shove they don't want to see the loss of stability and what it inflicts on billions of people.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う