I got a medical alert bracelet disclosing my diagnosis

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 10:35 pm

colliegrace wrote:
The most discombobulated I have ever been was on the subway in Washington DC. I began to get very, extremely overloaded by all the motions and lights, etc. I was still in a state for like 20 minutes after getting off! I remember thinking people probably thought I was on drugs cuz that was the most severe my sensory overload had ever gotten and it was affecting the way I moved around.

My very first meltdown / anxiety attack that I remember, I was 5 or 6 years and on the Washington DC metro. Of course it was the 1980s so we didn't know it was a meltdown / anxiety attack. I recall my parents laughing at me. I was so cute when I cried. Oh, well.

I went to a dinner party that was a complete sensory overload and I felt super buzzed when I stepped outside. I had to stand around afterwards for about 10 minutes before I could drive. So I think the "on drugs" interpretation isn't too far off from the experience. :P

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 10:26 pm

my physical health rapidly getting much worse.

my communication skills not that great either.

precious lil "people" keep having the nerve to act like they did not: hear, care, understand, believe, or remember, the noise pollution that came out of my beak.

sensitive to loud noises

however, my health insurance already costs way too much. $446.25/month. and i have to pay for doctors visits and prescriptions. kaiser has been "nickel and diming" my worthless corpse. i applied for Medical Financial Assistance. It hasn't answered me yet.

a medical alert bracelet could be a good investment.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 10:31 pm

It probably would have been good for me as a teen. I don't know if I need it as much now since public meltdowns happen less for me.

But I feel like if I had a meltdown in public now, it could be dangerous? Like what if I am alone and someone calls security or the police? Then a medical bracelet would probably be really useful.