Nazi sentenced to 18 years for transphobic hate crime

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 12:55 am

Abstinence can be optionally therapeutic for some people. It can also be necessary for other people.

I think Tim isn't being very realistic here with his wishes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 5:09 am

As long as the perpetrator is kept from harming anyone else, it's something to celebrate.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Maybe we can ban sexual abstinence next.

That would put a lot of pressure on a lot of young people.

That would only make the horrific depression and suicide rates among Autistic people so much worse and would mean a large percentage of autistics would face legal consequences.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

That would only make the horrific depression and suicide rates among Autistic people so much worse and would mean a large percentage of autistics would face legal consequences.

True, although I am not sure what the original idea has to do with the topic of this thread?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As long as the perpetrator is kept from harming anyone else, it's something to celebrate.

There's this weird movement against the left in the US. I was watching a podcast It is catching fire not just with the usual MAGA crowd, but with other traditionally marginalised groups many of whom have hitched their wagons to the anti-woke movement.

Then, when they think all is swell, the far right attacks them without warning. The status quo hasn't changed, it's just become covert.

The conservative right has never been a friend of diversity. The wolf is parading around in sheep's clothing whispering sweet lies that the left is the most dangerous group to America.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

True, although I am not sure what the original idea has to do with the topic of this thread?

It went from me wanting to criminalize hate speech to me wanting to totally control conservatives.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:41 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
It went from me wanting to criminalize hate speech to me wanting to totally control conservatives.

Oh I see. I support control of hate speech but can't see any advantage in penalising abstinence?