Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 6:11 am

colliegrace wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Tics are usually sudden and feel compelling, and are usually pre-meditated by a premonitory urge, i.e, you can feel them materailsiing before they happen, like an itch before you scratch.

My tics aren't like that. They tend to start without warning and can stop as quickly as they started. I just have a handful of simple motor tics, such as eyebrow twitching, leg muscles twitching, etc.

Premonitory urges aren't always present with tics, for sure.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 1:30 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
@Blitz,
I used to take Risperidone to reduce my stimming because it led to self-harm.
I didn't notice any major improvement when I was on it.
Mind you, meds seldom work for me.
It just makes me wonder if that psychiatrist was thinking of Tourette's.
Hmmm.

The med helps reduce tic incidence for me quite a lot.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Sertraline - I took that too, but it was for PTSD.
I usually refer to it as Zoloft, but I actually took Sertraline (the generic).
For some reason it worked better than real Zoloft.
Do you find it makes you anxious?

I take the generic form. It is difficult to get non-generic medicines on the NHS, and if a person gets them it is usually luck/random.

No, it does the opposite. It makes me less anxious.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 1:11 pm

Lately I'm relating to ADHD more and more. I have no idea how it is, with all I've been dx'd with over the years, that I've never gotten that dx. Its wild to me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 3:39 pm

I only noticed how bad my ADHD was when I stopped smoking weed

ATM I'm kinda relating to depression. It's hard for me to connect to my emotional state so this is a big deal for me. Just to understand that I've had depression for all of my life. I thought everyone saw the world with a brown stain to it. I thought that was normal.

Also accepting and understanding that I have a self harming disorder as well. I'm sort of glad that I'm understanding all of this and allowing myself the time to just let it become me for a while.

I've never been allowed or have allowed myself to feel things before so I think this new thing can only be good so that I can somehow start to get better.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 4:17 pm

babybird wrote:
I only noticed how bad my ADHD was when I stopped smoking weed

ATM I'm kinda relating to depression. It's hard for me to connect to my emotional state so this is a big deal for me. Just to understand that I've had depression for all of my life. I thought everyone saw the world with a brown stain to it. I thought that was normal.

Also accepting and understanding that I have a self harming disorder as well. I'm sort of glad that I'm understanding all of this and allowing myself the time to just let it become me for a while.

I've never been allowed or have allowed myself to feel things before so I think this new thing can only be good so that I can somehow start to get better.

Allowing yourself to feel is important, BB.

I am glad you are moving towards new and better mental processes. :)

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 4:26 pm

Yeah it's taking me long enough.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 4:50 pm

babybird wrote:
Yeah it's taking me long enough.

Better late(r) than never! :)

Raziel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 4:31 am

I think it’s interesting that several here relate to many disorders… it’s simply because our brains are wired in very unique ways in my opinion.
What affects me the most is my trauma and my mood disorder, if I could deal with those in a better way, this would change a lot I think.

The most annoying part about Tourette’s is for me the “ich” that comes before a tic. I sometimes notice it minutes (or even longer) beforehand and it’s bugging me. 8O :?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 6:30 pm

I have been on the spectrum since I was 13 and have accepted it as a part of my human essence.

Back in the Summer of 2015, I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and
Borderline Personality Disorder.

Two years later in the latter part of 2017, my NT sister was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Our mom has been in denial ever since.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2024, 9:55 am

Autism
Anxiety
Depression
Disassociation
Split Personality Disorder
Gender Dysphoria

pbrane1a4
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Mar 2024, 9:32 pm

Psychopathy

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2024, 1:36 am

So I have my diagnoses some of which I relate to and some not.

1. Aspergers with recently updated ASD level 1 support. Yea, I relate and understand now that I know more about autism. Before, I knew I had it but didn't understand it so I didn't know that much about how it affected me even though I was going through ABA, counseling, and was in public school disability program.

2. Generalized anxiety - I relate more since I learned during a session about how anxiety is different from just feeling anxious and that my amount of fear and stuff was not normal.

3. ADHD - I do not understand this one much or relate? I don't know how it works as a disorder as paperwork just said I struggle with managing a bunch of tasks and that the computer test showed I have bad "inattentiveness" and poor reaction time.

3. Anorexia nervosa purging subtype - yea it doesn't matter if I don't relate to a lot of anorexia nervosa sufferers in that I do not want to look super thin and I am not self conscious about my body. Not eating enough, being afraid of eating and getting fat, and losing an unhealthy amount of weight is enough to get a diagnosis. I feel weird about this one because every AN person I have met and interacted with is worried a lot about their appearance and the way their body feels while my experience with the disorder makes me less aware of my body and appearance. It's a strange disorder.

4. Depression. Recently Undiagnosed. I don't have enough symptoms and stuff to meet criteria anymore which is cool. It was symptom of other stuff probably.

There aren't any disorders that I think I may have outside of that. The only one that is suspected by my doctors is PTSD because of experiences I had in the past and present with stress, dissociation, reliving, and certain things that are more embarrassing. I know logically that I have another issue psychologically because I have a history of specific amnesia caused by stress and anxiety which is def not normal and not associated with any of my diagnoses. I'm supposed to get screened and stuff soon but I'd rather not for now at least. Since avoiding certain topics has helped me recently, I don't wanna go in and get screened and "treated" for PTSD any time soon if it means bringing up those topics.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2024, 5:15 pm

Schizoid personality disorder, PTSD, OCD, PDA, ODD.

Diagnosed with autism and AD/HD.