Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Feb 2024, 10:22 am

When I reach out to friends and family for help they tell me
"you made it up", "you are too sensitive", or simply ignore me and ascribing their own
diagnosis, giving some meaningless comfort and then pushing me toward solutions that I know
don't work because I already tried them. They just attribute any complaint to temporary "low self-esteem",
then try make me go away with persuasion tactics.

Mostly to do with work stuff.

It feels really horrible because now I have an internal conflict, almost believing what they say.

Last edited by __Elijahahahaho on 01 Feb 2024, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2024, 10:36 am

First of all, anyone who gaslights you like that, and especially if they are your "Friends," really aren't. Are you able to go no contact with these people?

If not, there are several ways where you can stand up for yourself by using certain phrases that disarm them.

For instances

1. No that's not the way I remember it
2. Your perspective is interesting

Here are more of them that look like they set clear boundaries

https://www.happierhuman.com/phrases-sh ... hting-wa1/

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 11:55 am

I feel the same way when it comes to my family. If I tell them something that's bothering me, they tell me that I'm too sensitive or to toughen up. I also get verbally abused. I had a friend who complained that I'm always crying which I'm not. You want to know what I did? I replaced my morning tea with coffee because it blocks all the bad emotions for quite a few hours and all that I feel is happiness and inner strength for those 6 to 9 hours.

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2024, 1:42 pm

Quote:
I replaced my morning tea with coffee because it blocks all the bad emotions for quite a few hours and all that I feel is happiness and inner strength for those 6 to 9 hours.

Baha, solve the problem with DRUGS. I did the same thing. Also mostly blocked everyone.
Eventually I'll wipe those troublesome memories with fun times with others, it's just analysing and finding those others that's the hard bit..