Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 3:15 am

Niacin wrote:
they're not spyware, unlike Discord, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok which are downright malicious.

Is discord not safe?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2024, 3:37 pm

Niacin wrote:
Telegram is comparable to Whatsapp, there are privacy concerns with both but overall they're not spyware, unlike Discord, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok which are downright malicious.

<citation needed>

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 4:33 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I am tempted to download the app "Telegram" for a particular reason.
Anyone know anything about it?

I use it daily to talk to my sister. It works quite well for us. From time to time, some random twit will show up to chat (probably scammers of one kind or another) but I just delete those chats and block them from trying again.

I'm quite happy with it.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2024, 12:34 am

One nice thing it can do is schedule messages.

A few days before Thanksgiving and a few days before Christmas, I found a number of funny cartoons and pictures with captions appropriate for the holiday.

I then set Telegram to deliver them one every hour starting at 8 am and continuing until 10 pm.

(The above is a valid, but temporary, e-mail address that is relayed to my real e-mail. If it starts getting spammed, I'll just remove it and create a new one and change the signature block. If you want to send me an e-mail, feel free to do so, but be aware that unless you are using something like this, your e-mail address will be exposed to me.)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2024, 12:30 am

I haven't sent a telegram since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I wasn't aware there was any danger in them. I'll keep a look out for men carrying Western Union bags just to be safe.