"polyamory is the only way we can afford a home"

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 7:42 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-husband ... 45594.html

A woman wanted to live with me and date other people. I said "hell no". Then she said she wouldn't, and we went on. She just did it in secret, as I later found out.

I'm glad I own my place so I wouldn't need to put up with something like this. :eew:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 8:04 pm

I figure divorces are messy enough with only two participants. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2024, 8:27 pm

Had they never heard of boarders?

I let a room to a female friend when I was young and raising my kids alone.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Feb 2024, 11:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Had they never heard of boarders?
Perhaps the couple thought that one would become attracted to a boarder :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Feb 2024, 5:50 pm

My girlfriend actually sometimes kinda jokes about doing something like this. She's bi or pansexual & isn't into having sex much due to various health issues. Cass doesn't fully grasp that I"m mostly OK with not having sex or fooling around much & she jokes that a three-way relationship with another woman into having sex would be better for me. Cass spends a bit of time visiting family & she sometimes complains about me not having an offline friend to spend time with because I don't really have anyone else to talk to or spend time with besides her. Cass also says another person could help with some of the bills & some of the household chores. If they could drive they could bring us places since me & Cass cant drive & having to take buses is a pain. Me & Cass are both passive people who need others to lead us into trying & doing various things. Me & her might be too much alike in certain ways.

I'm not completely against this. Maybe I'm too passive &/or easygoing to be which seems very odd considering how often my mom complained about me being demanding & difficult to live with & that my second gf thought I was demanding & controlling but Cass has the opposite opinion of me. But anyways... I see a five potential major problems with this type of scenario off the top of my head~
One~ is that I majorly love Cass & I do NOT want to risk screwing-up our relationship.
Two~ is that Cass is the only one I ever felt very comfortable with offline.
Three~ is that neither me nor Cass are friends with anyone who would be into this & neither of us are good at going out & making friends with decent people.
Four~ is that having another household member would screw-up some of Cass's benefits like housing assistance & food-stamps; I'm classified as Cass's caretaker/live-in-aid so my income doesn't affect her benefits.
Five~ is that our apartment is kinda big compared to our last one but Cass has lots of stuff & there isn't really room for a third person & their stuff.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2024, 6:35 am

people can share a dwelling and share fiscal responsibility for having a household without the question of having to have sex with each other. boundaries can be set and enforced, house rules agreed upon, etc long before another person moves in. Harmony is more likely if everybody agrees to the same rules to start with and all room mates share responsibility, keep the others to the agreement if and when needed. Polyamory is not" necessary", that sounds like somebody's excuse or justification for a behavior they feel uncomfortable about when questioned about it.
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson