Dealing with super Arrogant, violent teenagers

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Feb 2024, 1:48 pm

Idk, just wanted to put this here.

Some people in my area from 25 below are completely narcissistic as*holes!
They walk in mobs always toting the latest brands, new stuff, always on their phones,
sometimes they beat up drunk tourists and the cops do nothing.
I spoke with some of the older people and they said they got that way from bad parenting, spoiling them and such. They are very materialistic.

One bar owner said he will not even hire people below 30 because of their sh***y attitude and incompetence!

They are exactly the kind of people who bullied me in high school. I avoid them as much as possible,
but if I had to like hire them or deal with them in a class I don't know what i'd do. It's an epidemic!

I feel sad for the future.

Last edited by __Elijahahahaho on 03 Feb 2024, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 2:35 pm

I agree. I am worried that kids like that will be leading the world one day

Wreck It Ralph

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 2:49 pm

I'll just laugh and roll my eyes at them.
Because I think of it predictable; and I say by bad parenting goes beyond just spoiling them.

Let them destroy pieces of their world, all because of some shite complex of the human mind for being 'hurt as a child' or whatever stupid psychological dysregulated shite -- whether it's their fault or not, they have way less free will to not hurt or care because of that fact.

I would know how stupid it is.
They will pay for it in some way or another, whether they want to or not, regardless of their intent and regardless of the source. It doesn't matter.

Just pray more that the later generations will do much, much better.
Or that they will fricking wake the heck up and drop the BS; preferably at the near same times together should ever they become parents.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 3:53 pm

Bribe them into beating each other up. They're probably stupid enough to do it without realising they'll be a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

*Don't actually bribe them by the way*

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2024, 4:39 pm

If you seen the Stanley Kubrick movie "A Clockwork Orange", the first half of the film is about Alex labelling himself as a Droog out at night in his cricket attire with three of his acquaintances committing home invasions, beating up aging homeless people and raping middle age women in their own homes. Instead of Hip-Hop Alex actually is a die hard fan of Beethoven and classical opera.

SPOILER ALERT

Towards the end of the movie, after he got out of jail for murder and was rehabilitated only serving 2 years out the his 14 years sentence in jail, he gets bullied by his victims after a program he took made him feel intense pain if he attempted to come back to his old life. One old man who lost his wife in one of Alex's home invasion earlier in the film does something to make Alex to attempt suicide, but he survives his suicide attempt later waking up in hospital severely injured and back to himself again.

When he was in the hospital bed, he gets a job with the government since due to his violent past as you see in the first half of the movie. He only gets a government job because in the film England is under an authoritarian rule and they're looking for tyrants like Alex.

That's what's going on in this world, we are living in DYSTOPIA, that film "A Clockwork Orange" is about Dystopia London being filmed in the late 1960's get in 1995 when England is in a decay. When rowdy youths run violent and the end of the film shows that violent people like we have today in Russia for example makes authoritarian leaders due to their tyranny.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 5:47 pm

Youth like that are the reasons that I don't trust young people in that age group. Those are also the same type of kids who say the R-word and act sarcastic towards people who are different from the rest of society. Those are the types of jerks that I was bullied by when I was in high school as well and they think they're the cat's ass because they can afford the latest fashions and technology. I wish that people like that would just fade away and not come back.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 5:58 pm

skibum wrote:

They already are.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 7:30 pm

Flabby laws have led to this.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 8:21 pm

Lack of physical discipline when they were young.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 9:48 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:

You don't think beatings only serve to reinforce the idea that you're entitled to assault your inferiors to modify their behaviour?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 10:09 pm

The research on physical discipline demonstrates that it does much more harm than good and is less effective than other forms of discipline.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/05/physical-discipline

Quote:
Parents who use physical discipline may be teaching their child to resolve conflicts with physical aggression. Researchers found that spanking can elevate a child’s aggression levels as well as diminish the quality of the parent-child relationship

https://www.gse.harvard.edu/ideas/usabl ... king-brain
Quote:
Research has long underscored the negative effects of spanking on children’s social-emotional development, self-regulation, and cognitive development, but new research, published this month, shows that spanking alters children’s brain response in ways similar to severe maltreatment and increases perception of threats.

https://aifs.gov.au/resources/short-art ... t-children
Quote:
Good evidence suggests that physical punishment does not reduce defiant or aggressive behaviour nor does it promote long-term positive behaviour in children. A systematic review of 53 studies on the use of physical punishment in schools found that it had negative effects on the academic performance of children and resulted in behavioural issues (e.g. violent behaviour and aggressive conduct).

Research links physical punishment to risks of harm to children’s cognitive, behavioural, social and emotional development. A meta-analysis involving over 160,000 children found that physical punishment can carry the risk of physical abuse (causing a physical injury) and can have similar negative outcomes for children: mental health and emotional challenges, lower cognitive ability, lower self-esteem, more aggression, more antisocial behaviour and negative relationships with parents. Other studies and reviews have added that stress from physical punishment for children can negatively affect their brain development. In addition, physical discipline can quickly and unintentionally escalate to abuse.

The adverse impacts from physical punishment from childhood may last into adulthood. Harsh physical punishment (smacking, shoving and pushing) has been linked to anxiety, depression, substance abuse and antisocial behaviours in adulthood in a similar way to child abuse. Other studies have found associations between physical punishment in childhood and intimate partner violence as an adult, and an increased risk of physical abuse.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 4:52 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Uhh, no. Just no.
At least it sure heck did not work on me.

And especially did not necessarily work with NTs -- it was the norm from where I came from. Maybe it still is.
But did that made the whole generation of youths any better than before or after? NO!...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 7:07 am

Generation Snot

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2024, 9:24 am

funeralxempire wrote:
skibum wrote:

They already are.
Yes! Could they grow up to be any worse than Trump and his cronies? It's hard to imagine worse.

All generations have been like this. There has always been a subset of young people who act this way, though even today they are not the majority.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2024, 5:09 pm

I don't understand how kids can have that much time. My teenage years were super busy and I hardly had time for enough sleep. :? Maybe I was from a different universe. All my friends and peers spent their free time on stuff like reading, arts, music, sports, learning foreign languages, leadership program, chess and math competitions, writing poems...etc. We impressed each other by talents and accomplishments. Even my brother who was considered very dumb by my parents was busy after school with soccer, chess tournaments, math and learning English and Spanish. I feel sorry for kids who don't have access to that kind of learning environment. :(

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2024, 6:00 pm

I am attending a university that also has high school students 16+ through a program. So when I see teenagers, it is usually in a school setting or relaxing around campus and public places nearby. But my experience seeing and interacting with teens or other early 20 somethings almost every school day has been that people seem to be more open minded. Maybe it's that I am at a university but I have experienced this in other places as well.

I basically mean that there are things I am experiencing less. There has been less judgement towards me. The only "bullying" thing I have heard in my three years here was a few months ago when some group of 18-20 y.o. girls saw me standing staring at plants and one of them said "It's giving The Lorax" and I actually laughed. I have seen some mean girl behavior but mostly I have noticed less picking on my speech, lack of eye contact, and small repetitive behaviors. And classmates seem more open-minded when I express that I am uncomfortable with whatever lights and sounds there are. I had a freak out in class when a machine alarm went off and a girl jumped to lend me headphones!! This is different from just a few years ago when I was in high school and I was seen as more sensitive and weird or creepy or loud etc etc

Maybe it has been the awareness that's been spreading on social media? Some classmates have straight up asked if I have autism? Some have noticed me in a stressful situation and asked me if I am alright or asked me what's wrong when before people would just avoid me for the same behavior.

The kids though.. A lot of the time they are not very aware of their surroundings and mostly care about themselves and their devices. That was strange to notice but it probably was going on when I was a kid too. And I see it everywhere in all ages when I really think about it. The addiction to devices maybe made people more cranky?

But I don't know if they are mean. I once heard two 8-10 y.o. talking nasty about me. They even switched to Spanish thinking I couldn't understand!! That is bad mouthing with purpose and intent! :lol: But I see a lot more children that are very shy and kind of ignore others. Maybe it was the pandemic but I see less children wave at me in public, less teens hanging out, and less adults meeting up with each other. I think the pandemic made us stay at home more and on our mobile devices more regularly. Social skills and emotional regulation went down the drain.