Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 2:52 pm

King Charles diagnosed with cancer, will postpone duties and undergo treatment

Quote:
Britain's King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer and the 75-year-old will postpone his public duties while he undergoes treatment, Buckingham Palace said on Monday.

Charles, who became king in September 2022 following the death of his mother Queen Elizabeth, is "wholly positive" about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible, the palace said.

Charles spent three nights in hospital last month where he underwent a corrective procedure for a benign enlarged prostate. The palace said a separate issue of concern had been spotted during the hospital visit, but did not given any further details beyond saying the king had a "form of cancer".

"His Majesty has today commenced a schedule of regular treatments, during which time he has been advised by doctors to postpone public-facing duties," the palace said. "Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to undertake State business and official paperwork as usual."

As such, Charles will continue to have meetings with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, while his wife Queen Camilla will continue with her engagements.

While the royals usually closely guard details of their health, regarding it as a private matter, Charles has been open about his recent treatment.

"His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer," Buckingham Palace said.

The rest of the royal family have been told about the king's cancer diagnosis. Prince Harry, his younger son, will travel to the UK to see him in the coming days, a source close to the Duke of Sussex said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 11:41 am

King Charles 'frustrated' by cancer recovery, nephew says

Quote:
King Charles III is frustrated by the length of time his recovery from cancer treatment is taking, his nephew has said, as Kate, the Princess of Wales, and Prince William thanked the public for their support after the revelation of her own diagnosis.

Peter Phillips, 46, the only son of Princess Anne and eldest grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II, said Sunday that his uncle, the king, was in “good spirits” following his shock diagnosis in February but was finding the recuperation period and his step back from public life a struggle.

“I think, ultimately, he’s hugely frustrated. He’s frustrated that he can’t get on and do everything that he wants to be able to do,” Phillips told Sky News Australia in an interview.

As a cancer surviver I can vouch that it is frustrating that I can’t do things at age 66 that I was able to do at age 26.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 12:04 pm

That's really sad... it makes it even sadder knowing that his daughter in law has cancer too. :(