Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 6:22 pm

Most days of the week for exercise I walk around my local woodland area on my own (without a dog). I usually go on the the same route as well.

To others might that look weird or like I am up to no good?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 6:30 pm

anything might look "weird" or like you are "up to no good", to someone.

8 billion people

Plenty of security guards and etc have had the nerve to follow me around like I was going to steal something. Maybe I looked "weird" or like I was "up to no good". Not everyone finds the same thing "weird". "Weird" has a negative connotation, but "weird" is not inherent "bad" per se.

Things are not always the way they appear.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 6:33 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
anything might look "weird" or like you are "up to no good", to someone.

8 billion people

Plenty of security guards and etc have had the nerve to follow me around like I was going to steal something. Maybe I looked "weird" or like I was "up to no good". Not everyone finds the same thing "weird". "Weird" has a negative connotation, but "weird" is not inherent "bad" per se.

Things are not always the way they appear.

I try to avoid walking past schools in my local town for obvious reasons :roll:

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 7:16 pm

The philosopher Kant has a fixed time and route for walking every day. So much so that a "philosopher's road" has emerged.

This is something to be proud of.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 9:30 pm

It could look weird to some people. That's only because they don't know about you and what you've been through in your life. I bet that most people don't even notice because they're consumed by their own lives.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm

I hope not.

I try to do a morning walk and I stick to the same route each morning...except when I've been absent for awhile or have leg problems I do a shortened walk and work my way back up.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 10:57 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Most days of the week for exercise I walk around my local woodland area on my own (without a dog). I usually go on the the same route as well.

To others might that look weird or like I am up to no good?

It shouldn't. It should just look like you're out for a walk. Pretty common that people go on walks.. also common that people go on a regular routine walk, too. Not like you're walking through peoples' yards at 4am looking into windows or anything.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2024, 11:31 pm

I don't think it would seem weird to others if you stick to public places and don't seem to be inexplicably loitering. It's perfectly normal for a person to take a constitutional walk, and to walk the same route every time. I try to do that every day if the weather isn't too nasty.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

06 Feb 2024, 1:25 pm

I think it has a lower chance of looking strange if you wear shirt, shorts, and shoes for exercising. Like walking shoes, basketball shorts, a t-shirt, and maybe hold a water bottle.

People will think you are dedicated to the grind.