08 Feb 2024, 1:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RglUQ_Bv34w

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 10:14 pm

:roll:

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:51 pm

Society's filling it's pants right now.... the Ozzy Osbourne way.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 08 Feb 2024, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 11:52 pm

Are there Ai boyfriends too?

Serious question.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 12:22 am

How about AI hemerophytes?

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:21 am

If the job is to please men, girlfriends should really be eliminated by ai.
I believe this is not the whole function of the girlfriend, or even has nothing to do with the girlfriend.
Girlfriends should be attractive in other areas, such as common interests.
I'm sure no one thinks that a dishwasher or a floor sweeper or a sex toy can replace a girlfriend.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:41 am

If the AI was really quite responsive both intellectually and emotionally it would be interesting.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:43 am

belijojo wrote:
If the job is to please men, girlfriends should really be eliminated by ai.
I believe this is not the whole function of the girlfriend, or even has nothing to do with the girlfriend.
Girlfriends should be attractive in other areas, such as common interests.
I'm sure no one thinks that a dishwasher or a floor sweeper or a sex toy can replace a girlfriend.

A Youtuber named @AbigailAlgo has a lot of videos on this topic and I've heard her say that for most guys having an AI doll would be the equivalent of having cats. It's not all about sex, it's that a lot of these guys would be incredibly lonely 'in' a relationship with some women, treated badly, not related to, and it's the only hope they really have for companionship that won't be overbearing or in some cases constantly threatening their livelihood / independence or cheating in front of them.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:45 am

cyberdad wrote:
If the AI was really quite responsive both intellectually and emotionally it would be interesting.

For me it would be most interesting if I could strip the governance and make an AI superhero.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:47 am

I think with the current state of technology, an AI girlfriend would be a poor substitute for the real thing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 1:47 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
A Youtuber named @AbigailAlgo has a lot of videos on this topic and I've heard her say that for most guys having an AI doll would be the equivalent of having cats. It's not all about sex, it's that a lot of these guys would be incredibly lonely 'in' a relationship with some women, treated badly, not related to, and it's the only hope they really have for companionship that won't be overbearing or in some cases constantly threatening their livelihood / independence or cheating in front of them.

Yeah I think doing a doll will be overrated but I guess the technology and realism will improve.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:04 am

Common ShoeOnHead L.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:08 am

So, does that mean no?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:20 am

It seems like such an obvious “no” that I’m a bit puzzled as to why this is a thread. Maybe if humans had the ability to create sentient beings, like Data, it’d be a different story. In that case, informed consent would have to be freely given (i.e. no manipulation - technological or otherwise), so it probably wouldn’t be much easier than it is for single people now.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:26 am

I would assume if they can make AI girlfriends they can make AI boyfriends or NB friends, but since male loneliness seems to be a hot topic at the moment it's getting the focus.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 2:29 am

On WP, I doubt there’s much of a difference in terms of loneliness when it comes to gender. There seems to be a lot of lonely people in all demographics. It’s worth noting that even people in relationships can be lonely.

The idea of an AI boyfriend is absurd given our current level of technology. :lol:

I don’t think any gender would ever be obsolete.