Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 7:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Family usually pay so $$ back to them.

Family is who they meant. But thinking it meant the deceased is a very autistic way of interpreting that commercial.

That's the sorta thinking that makes people tell us you're so funny while we don't actually get our own (unintentional) joke.

Yep. Happens to me now and then. One just goes with it. ;)

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 6:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Some people are thick.
Some people are thicc. :nerdy:

about an alien corpse
im the one who brought
the truth to the light

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 11:51 am

Imo most people think most other people are thick

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 11:53 am

NYC has the densest population!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 11:55 am

:lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 11:59 am

YES.... PEOPLE ARE THICK... 8O ....IMHO :D

where ever you go ,there you are

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 1:47 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Family is who they meant. But thinking it meant the deceased is a very autistic way of interpreting that commercial.

But also, some people make funeral arrangements before their death and pay for them in advance, and in that case the deceased is actually the one who paid for their own cremation. So Mountain Goat is not wrong.

And also, even if the family pays, the question remains of what could be unsatisfactory about a cremation? And, even if the family gets their money back, it's not like the deceased can be cremated a second time if they are not satisfied.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 3:00 pm

Jakki wrote:
YES.... PEOPLE ARE THICK... 8O ....IMHO :D

especially the people who made that Advert !

where ever you go ,there you are

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 3:06 pm

bee33 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But also, some people make funeral arrangements before their death and pay for them in advance, and in that case the deceased is actually the one who paid for their own cremation. So Mountain Goat is not wrong.

And also, even if the family pays, the question remains of what could be unsatisfactory about a cremation? And, even if the family gets their money back, it's not like the deceased can be cremated a second time if they are not satisfied.

It's hard to know what exactly might be unsatisfactory or satisfactory about a cremation anyway. I mean it's pretty grim to start off with. Your loved one has died and you've incinerated their remains in a red hot oven. I can't honestly see (unless you hated your relation) how anyone would be over the moon about any part of this scenario.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2024, 3:46 pm

babybird wrote:
Imo most people think most other people are thick
I think most all people including myself are thick but I'm an equal opportunity offender :wink:

babybird wrote:
bee33 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

It's hard to know what exactly might be unsatisfactory or satisfactory about a cremation anyway. I mean it's pretty grim to start off with. Your loved one has died and you've incinerated their remains in a red hot oven. I can't honestly see (unless you hated your relation) how anyone would be over the moon about any part of this scenario.
If the family is responsible for the death they might have a problem with the body not being burned enough but I'd guess most would be smart enough to not complain about it due to it looking suspicious. I watch a bit of crime shows.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm

Thick: Having poor intelligence, suck as having a skull so thick there is little room for a brain.
Thicc: meme slang for curvy, which is seen as attractive or "sexy" by many people. Possibly due to the size and shape of a woman's "childbearing" area determining how well she can breed.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2024, 4:48 pm

babybird wrote:
bee33 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The place almost lost my effing grandpa!! !! :( Poor grandpa! Imagine living 88 long years with family only to get lost in a storage room at the end of it all! He was found and laid to rest but Wow! I wish my parents could have gotten refund for that scare of a lifetime! It is (hopefully) rare but sometimes they mix up records or they get lost after cremation (because it is a pretty small bag).

Sometimes, there are issues on the hospital's end and it ends up taking a long time to get the cremation part going. Other times, there is bad customer service at the actual cremation place and they take a while to let you pick up the cremains. Even worse is when there is delay in getting the person transported from hospital to cremation or then there is an actual waiting line to get the cremation done.

The issues we had with cremation places were during the height of pandemic, though. All of the funeral homes and cremation services were... very busy in my area. My family had to go to them for cremation and burial 4 times for family members in 2 years. It was horrible for all of the families but funeral homes and cremation services being overwhelmed definitely made it worse for everyone. :( What a horrible time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Feb 2024, 5:40 pm

^^^My girlfriend's family had a problem with her dad's cremation. It's a complicated story but the short version is a hospital malpractice type level screw-up mighta been indirectly responsible for his death & the cremation place cremated him without performing the asked for autopsy possibly to cover up the malpractice.

Hospital really wanted to put some stints in him due to some heart problems he had a long time ago. He didn't wanna eat after because his stomach hurt. The hospital also wanted to test him for stomach cancer during that time. Tests came back negative & we were told there was no chance of cancer. Then the next day the hospital said he had markers for cancer despite the fact no further testing had been done & we were already told there was no chance of cancer. Hospital preformed another test & said he had sever cancer & that was the cause of him not wanting to eat. He was eating fine up until the the stints were put in. Hospital suggested cancer treatment but they did not recommend it & he refused & wanted to go home. Unfortunately all the hospitals in this state are affiliated with each other & the one he was at was the most advanced so there was no way to get an unbiased second opinion without him leaving the sate which was not affordable due to him having state Medicaid. He kept eating less & less due to pain & wasted away till he died.

The family told the cremation place to perform an autopsy before the cremation & they signed paperwork for that. The cremation place is affiliated with the hospital & cremated him without performing the autopsy. The reason stated was there was no reason to because he died from liver failure, I guess determined by hospital records & basic non-autopsy tests. He had liver failure because he quit eating & we were wanting the autopsy to determine why he quit eating. Did he actually have sever stomach cancer or did the hospital f#ck-up the stints & refused to admit there was a screw-up & suddenly made-up the story of sever stomach cancer to cover their a$$e$ :?: We'll never find out now & the hospital can not be sued for malpractice due to no evidence.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition