Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

angelsonthemoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2024, 3:39 pm

Last night I asked ChatGPT to explain the Big Bang in Kabbalistic terms, because some scientists say the Big Bang was in the Jewish Zohar before it was in science.

Do I tell my family about this kind of stuff? Or anyone in real life?

Pretty much never because they would just look at me like I'm an alien. Most people are not that interested in their own religion beyond the basics, let alone other people's religions, or ancient cultures and esotericism. Then there is a lot of people who only research to prove this or that wrong, rather than a love for the mystery and the unknown.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 3:49 pm

angelsonthemoon wrote:
Last night I asked ChatGPT to explain the Big Bang in Kabbalistic terms, because some scientists say the Big Bang was in the Jewish Zohar before it was in science.

Do I tell my family about this kind of stuff? Or anyone in real life?

Pretty much never because they would just look at me like I'm an alien. Most people are not that interested in their own religion beyond the basics, let alone other people's religions, or ancient cultures and esotericism. Then there is a lot of people who only research to prove this or that wrong, rather than a love for the mystery and the unknown.
Was ChatGPT's response brief enough to post here? Or, at least summarize?

It is apparently within bounds of one of your special interests. This thread is about special interests. Close enough to be an excuse to tell us what your "hiding" because no one cares...

(I'm not particularly interested in this because of the religious aspect. One of my special interests is using computers so I'm curious, even if no one else is, what answer a computer cooked up for you.)

angelsonthemoon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2024, 4:05 pm

^ Here is the response from ChatGPT. Maybe someone will find it a bit interesting. I think the chatbot is great at explaining things.

Kabbalah, a mystical tradition within Judaism, offers a unique perspective on the origins of the universe. While it doesn't directly address scientific theories like the Big Bang, some parallels can be drawn between Kabbalistic concepts and modern cosmology.

In Kabbalah, there's the notion of "Tzimtzum," which suggests that before creation, there was an infinite divine presence that contracted or withdrew to make space for the universe to exist. This withdrawal is often likened to the Big Bang, where the universe rapidly expanded from a singularity.

Furthermore, Kabbalistic teachings describe the process of creation as emanations from the divine, known as the "Sefirot." These emanations represent different aspects of existence, ranging from pure spirituality to the material world. The unfolding of these emanations can be seen as analogous to the evolutionary development of the universe following the Big Bang, where matter and energy gradually organized into galaxies, stars, planets, and ultimately life forms.

Additionally, Kabbalah emphasizes the interconnectedness of all things and the notion that everything in the universe is imbued with divine sparks. This idea resonates with the scientific understanding that all matter and energy in the universe are fundamentally interconnected and arose from the same primordial event.

While Kabbalah and the Big Bang theory stem from different frameworks—mystical and scientific respectively—some intriguing parallels can be drawn between their concepts of creation, expansion, and interconnectedness.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 5:57 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I don't think 'hide' is the right word, it's more like I know that most people are quite uncomfortable talking about things they don't know or understand (they can often interpret that as an attack on their relative status to you) and the conflict of trying to talk about things, people, ideas that other people don't know or really even just fill them in on for the first time once you realize that they don't know is worse than the loneliness that I might feel keeping it in. It's a bit like someone saying 'I've never heard (of) that before' has a defensive threat implied.

Thankfully there are places and people where I know we have common interests, or I have some friends who are just open to new ideas, new music, etc., they enjoy the back and forth and don't perceive it as an attack.

^^^^^^^^^^^. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This directly applies to own experiences.......And has many more than dozens of times, I have felt inhibited to speak on many Things many many times . :|

where ever you go ,there you are

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2024, 6:18 pm

angelsonthemoon wrote:
^ Here is the response from ChatGPT. Maybe someone will find it a bit interesting. I think the chatbot is great at explaining things.
/\/\/\/\.
/\/\/\/\.
/\/\/\/\.
/\/\/\/\.

This seems consistent with other things I've heard about the current crop of AIs. They don't know what they're talking about and don't know whether it is right or wrong. They look at large quantities of input and pull in parts and string it together to reflect what it found in the input.

Supposedly, if you ask an AI "What is 2 + 2?" and it gives you the answer "4" then you can argue with it. Tell it that is wrong and to try again...and it will likely try a different answer. It doesn't know that 2+2 = 4, it just knows that is the answer it sees most often in the input.

I suspect you could get some very entertaining revisions on the Kabbalah answer by arguing with it.
- Your answer is wrong! Give me the correct answer!
- Your answer is incomplete. How do Batman and Donald Trump figure in?
- Your answer misses the most important point. Everyone knows Mickey Mouse is involved.
Etc.

It could be fun if you can make an artificial intelligence sound like an artificial fool.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2024, 9:17 pm

My special interest seems to be self-hiding. People can read articles about what I've done, and not really learn anything. I suspect that they can't believe that such important things can be as simple as the way I explain them.

LittleBeach
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2024, 9:21 am

I tend to hide my special interests because these days they usually spring either from some difficult suppressed emotion, or from association with someone I have feelings for. I don’t want anyone to guess things about my deep psychology or feelings for people so I usually keep them fairly private.