Saturday and Sunday 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
All of the above 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
None of the above 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 14

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 4:26 pm

Back with another poll! I am personally still thinking of my answer to this one. Hope you enjoy!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 5:40 pm

Friday.

I hate Saturdays and Sundays because I can't accomplish anything (business phone calls, appointments, etc.) and there are too many people driving around or being in the shops. That includes kids.

I don't work but Friday has a nice relaxed feeling to it anyway. Even when I did work, I liked Fridays because I knew I still had the whole of Saturday and Sunday ahead of me for rest. Assuming I ever managed to rest, that is.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 5:49 pm

Friday :D

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 7:53 pm

I like Sunday. That's when I go to the flea market to sell my stuff.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2024, 8:22 pm

Jovesday - The day sandwiched between Sunday and Monday that we have all been programmed to forget, so that the State can work us all day on their State projects without any of us realizing what we're doing.

No wonder we're all tired and worn out on Mondays.

Have you ever assembled or repaired something and have a few parts left over?  Well, a few of us have become resistant to their mind-control chemicals, and are secretly stockpiling items that we've worked on.

[/satire]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Esme
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Feb 2024, 11:08 am

Friday. Maximum potential! :mrgreen:

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:12 pm

The imagination of relaxation is pleasant, and the relaxation itself is very ordinary, so Friday

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 12:14 pm

Saturday for me but only the morning part of it. Apart from that I don't really get feelings for the days of the week.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2024, 3:07 pm

I cant vote because how I would vote would depended on what was going on in my life at the time, if anything.

When I was going to school I woulda voted for Saturday. I had to go to school on Fridays so my weekend didn't really start till late Friday afternoon or early evening. On Sundays I sometimes did my homework & I was not supposed to stay up very late due to needing to leave for school Monday before 7 in the morning. On Saturdays I usually got to wake up late, stay up late, & I didn't worry about homework.

When I was working my first job I woulda voted for Saturday as well. I was usually off on Sautrdays & Sundays. I was scheduled to clock out at 8 or 9 at night but management started making me stay later even thou I was not scheduled to. My weekend didn't start till Friday night & I was kinda worn out &/or tired when I got home so I didn't wanna stay up very late. My shift started in the afternoon so I could stay up kinda late on Sundays but I still did not stay up as late as on Saturdays.

When I was working my second job I woulda voted for Friday. I worked nights & was originally part-time & scheduled Saturday night through Tuesday night; I was off during the days. I was allowed to work extra a lot & when I was allowed to work an extra night I worked Wednesday nights & sometimes even Thursday or Friday nights. After a year I became full-time & was scheduled on Wednesday nights as well. We were more shorthanded then so I usually came in on Thursday or Friday nights when allowed. I generally preferred to work Thursday nights because my parents usually brought me to & from work. They both worked Monday through Friday & had weekends off. Me being off on Friday meant my parents could both sleep in late together Saturday & lounge around together in the morning. I worked at WalMart & they would go shopping there Sunday mornings when picking me up. The store was less crowded on Thursday than Friday nights so that made work easier for me on Thursdays. However me working on Thursday or Friday somewhat depended on what was going on at work & how shorthanded we were.

When I was working at my third job my days off fluctuated every week. My two days off were scheduled together but they coulda been at any point during the week. However I was more likely to be scheduled to work Friday through Sunday & have off on two of the days between Monday & Thursday.

I haven't worked in like 15 years & I haven't really had a weekly schedule during that time. That's one of the reasons I need to start looking for a job. Having something of a weekly schedule would be better for me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 4:11 pm

I would say either saturday or sunday.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 4:41 pm

I used to like Sunday the best because it was the one day of the week that the postman didn't come so I knew I wasn't going to get any bills but these days it's quite unusual for the postman to come on any day of the week

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 5:07 pm

babybird wrote:
I used to like Sunday the best because it was the one day of the week that the postman didn't come so I knew I wasn't going to get any bills but these days it's quite unusual for the postman to come on any day of the week

Royal Mail has gone down the tubes, in recent years. :(

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 5:29 pm

When I was younger we used to get a morning post and and afternoon post. Then they merged the two and it can be any time upto about 2:30 in the afternoon but just lately it's getting to where they only come round a couple of times a week.

I can go away for a fortnight and I'll get home and there won't be one single letter pushed through my letter box.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Feb 2024, 5:45 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
babybird wrote:

Royal Mail has gone down the tubes, in recent years. :(
So has the US mail

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 7:05 pm

I voted Saturday because when I was working, I had Saturday and Sunday to myself. Didn't vote for Friday because although it was great to have the evening to myself and to know I had 2 free days after that, I still had to work on Friday during the day. Didn't vote for Sunday because the shops were less likely to be open, and because knowing I'd be back at work on the following day always took the edge off my happiness. If I'd been head over heels in love with my job, it would have been very different, but I've never liked other people owning my time, and I got quite a lot of stress from being at work.

But I'm retired now, so Friday is as good as Saturday, and the only bad thing about Sunday is that the shops aren't so likely to be open.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 7:31 pm

My work week doesn't really hve a weekend. I can work every day if I choose to. (I often do because I like each day to be about the same) Unless I have a project deadline or an outside appointment, I really don't have to even bother to remember which day it is. :-)