Do You ThinkThe Special Counsel Was Politically Motivated?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 4:02 pm

Their Report exonerating Biden on handling of classified documents called him a well meaning elderly man with a poor memory. I could see their report exonerating him OK but attacking his age and memory was uncalled for. What do you think is the source for this?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 4:08 pm

Biden has a noticeably poor memory. His most recent gaffe happened where he confused Mexico with Egypt whilst defending his memory.

Al Morris
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Feb 2024, 8:36 pm

Could it have been that GOP is working hard to equate trumps docs to biden. Since special counsel had nothing to charge, the next best thing is attack biden.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 12:17 am

Depends on the context of why they said that.

Is he a well meaning elderly man? Yes.

Is his memory poor? Perhaps. Did he tell them he forgot he had those documents at home ? If so.. he's forgetful. Aka has a poor memory, at least for some things at some times.

Naturally the political right propaganda machine is going to go into hyperdrive s**t talking biden for this. Definite political motivation there. But from the special counsel saying these things about biden? Not likely.. seems pretty accurate. I still think he's doing a pretty decent job and is capable of working. My opinion of his job performance would differ if the US economy was going to s**t and biden's old man gaffes actually caused any real harm.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 3:25 am

Aspinator wrote:
Their Report exonerating Biden on handling of classified documents called him a well meaning elderly man with a poor memory. I could see their report exonerating him OK but attacking his age and memory was uncalled for. What do you think is the source for this?

I am so proud of how...youve gotten your drinking under control! :D

And I am amazed at how...once someone gets to know you...that you're only about half as ret*d as they all say you are! :D

Like what I just said about you above...the report only had NICE things to say about Biden! :lol:

No bias whatsoever.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Feb 2024, 5:27 am

I don't know enough about the investigator to say, but those sorts of comments about a sitting politician seem inappropriate for a government report in any case.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 8:14 am

I personally thought attacking his age was pure vitriol since Trump is not that far behind him in age and gaffes. I speculate it might have been an attack on Kamela Harris since a lot of the Trump crowd see her as too liberal or even an attack by someone who wants to be Trump's running mate or even by Nikki Haley or by Christie. It could have also been motivated by a third party candidate who wants to discredit Biden and Trump.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 5:20 pm

Probably. At the very least, he went out of his way to take a shot or two at Biden. You have to remember how this Special Counsel was a Trump appointee, and doubtlessly had political motivations.
Regardless of Biden's mental state, it's still light years better than Trump's.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 8:13 pm

I assume Biden's answers left that impression, although that could just be a matter of what Biden strategically claimed he had forgotten.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 1:49 pm

Attorney General Merrick Garland says it would've been 'absurd' to block special counsel's language on Biden's memory

Quote:
Attorney General Merrick Garland pushed back Thursday on criticism from White House officials and others who argued he should not have let special counsel Robert Hur use language claiming that President Joe Biden suffers from memory loss in his report on the president's handing of classified documents.

At a news conference Thursday morning, Garland was asked about the criticism of him and said no one from the White House had expressed it to him.

“When the president announced my nomination, he said to me directly and then to the American public that he intended to restore the independence and the integrity of the Justice Department and that he wanted me to serve as the lawyer for the American people, not the lawyer for the president," Garland said. "I sincerely believe that that’s what he intended then, and I sincerely believe that that’s what he intends now.”

Pressed on whether he thinks Hur used appropriate language to characterize the president’s mental state, Garland said he has remained committed to making reports from special counsels public — emphasizing that doing so is “consistent” with regulations and precedents that require a special counsel to fully disclose the rationale behind their decisions.

Garland then pushed back on the idea that an attorney general should step in to change the language in a special counsel’s report.

“The idea that an attorney general would edit or redact or censor, the special counsel’s explanation for why the special counsel reached the decision that special counsel did? That’s absurd,” he said.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 2:06 pm

I can see how the report was unintentionally damaging to his political career. However that said I DO believe his age and memory should be a concern for voters. Having a grandfather and a grandmother that both needed special care in the end due to severe health issues and things like dementia and alzhiemers I don't live under the delusion that "age is just a state of mind".

I also feel the same way about Trump who people seem to forget isn't much younger than Biden and it would not surprise me if he had dementia himself given how bizarre he is now.

There really should be an age limit on the people running for president IMHO. This upcoming election is going to be the most bizarre we've ever had...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2024, 5:45 pm

Aspinator wrote:
Do You ThinkThe Special Counsel Was Politically Motivated?
Nope.  Not at all.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Mar 2024, 5:37 am

It's since come out that Hur lied in his report. For example, he said that Biden couldn't remember when his son Beau died, but the transcript shows Biden immediately told him the exact day.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 6:51 am

[quote="The_Walrus"]It's since come out that Hur lied in his report. For example, he said that Biden couldn't remember when his son Beau died, but the transcript shows Biden immediately told him the exact day.[/quote

Welp I guess we all misjudged that one.

I still say both Biden and Trump's age is an issue though.