Why do these thoughts keep coming back ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 11:52 am

Yesterday my mood wasn't great yesterday as I was late for work and should have been there at 9:30 instead of 10. But obviously because I hadn't signed on to WhatsApp I didn't know it had changed as my rota said I started at 10.

I seem to think the telling off made me feel annoyed at myself and had moments when I left the shop floor for some time out. I feel like it then reignited other negative thoughts such as comparison thoughts. I seem to that because my sister and her four year old son are staying here until her house is done over, it's reigniting the feelings of thinking that everyone my age or a bit younger including her have kids and probably have kids even if they didn't really want them.

I spoke to my friend and work colleague on the phone about this stuff for an hour after work. Speaking to her made me feel a bit better last night and in a better mood but now today I feel like it's trying to irritate my brain again. I can't understand why it keeps coming back even after times when I feel better.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 12:00 pm

Sounds to me like work was the problem and not you. Giving out rotas via WhatsApp knowing that it's hit and miss with who sees the messages is ineptitude by the managers.

My employer will actually tell you of any change of hours while you're actually in work.

And yeah, some people have kids and others don't. There's plenty of benefits to having kids but equally many with not having kids.