Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 7:48 pm

How do you know if you really want a relationship or you want a relationship for the wrong reasons cuz you are so lonely & you having a very very hard time in life?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 8:00 pm

For myself, I know I'm ready for a relationship when I have a lot of myself to offer to the other person emotionally, physically, and in terms of patience, flexibility, and accommodation for their needs. If they feel the same level of readiness for me, then it's usually a match. I don't gauge my readiness by how needy I am but by how much I have to give.

When I'm having a hard time in life it's usually not a good time for me to be in a relationship. I won't have enough energy to keep myself afloat and be a good partner for them at the same time.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 9:41 pm

I believe what causes people to desire a romantic relationship is they are tired of being lonely and want a companion

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 9:42 pm

When I'm lonely and want a companion I tend to adopt animals.
I have five cats and a dog.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Feb 2024, 12:17 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
How do you know if you really want a relationship or you want a relationship for the wrong reasons cuz you are so lonely & you having a very very hard time in life?
I don't think being lonely & having a hard time in life are bad reasons to want a relationship. Those are major reasons I wanted a relationship but I also felt I had a lot to offer a potential partner. Those are also major reasons why Cass was interested in having a relationship with me because she hoped I could understand & relate to her except she tends to feel like she doesn't have much to offer anyone thou I know there's lots to love about her. I find my life easier when I'm in a relationship with someone who's a good match for me & we're able to live together. Our relationship is very interdependent but it works for us. I think that lots of people would never have relationships if they wait to have them till they feel they & their lives are ready & able to deal with it. That said, it's important try & take care yourself how you can instead of expecting a partner to. I think it's better to try & have a more balanced approach between working on yourself while trying to find someone or trying to help your romantic partner.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 12:28 am

nick007 wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
I don't think being lonely & having a hard time in life are bad reasons to want a relationship. Those are major reasons I wanted a relationship but I also felt I had a lot to offer a potential partner. Those are also major reasons why Cass was interested in having a relationship with me because she hoped I could understand & relate to her except she tends to feel like she doesn't have much to offer anyone thou I know there's lots to love about her. I find my life easier when I'm in a relationship with someone who's a good match for me & we're able to live together. Our relationship is very interdependent but it works for us. I think that lots of people would never have relationships if they wait to have them till they feel they & their lives are ready & able to deal with it. That said, it's important try & take care yourself how you can instead of expecting a partner to. I think it's better to try & have a more balanced approach between working on yourself while trying to find someone or trying to help your romantic partner.

That is my main motivation for desiring a romantic relationship!

Also I miss kissing and intimacy too :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 4:27 am

My male friend that I met on a dating site 5 years ago, he was my boyfriend then we broke up, we stayed friends. Yesterday he told me he want to be my boyfriend again, I don’t know why, but I was laughing. Goldfish was right.