Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

SomethingGenuine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2024, 7:58 pm

During my last semester, I fell very hard for a girl. She sat next to me and after I helped her deal with the guy creeping on her we eventually became friends. As we started talking more and more we realized we had a lot in common. We met at a resturant I had never been too before and she went out of her way to meet me at the university to talk. She was showing ALOT of signs she was into me. I was pretty confident she liked me because she was going beyond what all girls have done in my past.

Long story short for the first time ever, asked a girl out on a date. She declined saying she was too busy to get into a relationship right now. When I got home I cried and cried and cried. After last semester ended, we stopped talking. She eventually fell to the back of my mind and me being so busy with work and school I stopped thinking about her.

Today, I was swiping through Tinder today and I found her profile. When I saw it, it BROKE me. I feel really upset now.

Sorry I just needed to vent.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 8:38 pm

:(

I'm sorry that happened.
I hate when people get their hearts hurt.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 12:55 pm

I am so sorry that she turned as it's always hard when you like someone but they don't necessarily like you back. However, I feel that she could have been more upfront with you.

"I really appreciate the invitation but I don't really feel the same way back. However, I think you are a great friend.":

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2024, 8:50 pm

I’d swipe right and see if she matches with you

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Feb 2024, 9:58 pm

I can't count on how many times I have missinterpreted signs of weather is someone into me or not. For many guys that did like me I missed to see the signs, while others I thought they were into me have, actually, only been friendly or ambivalent. Eventually, I got so discouraged that I never let someone know I liked them unless they very openly showed that they are interested.

So don't get discouraged like me, especially if this was your first attempt to ask a girl for a date. Give yourself a time to get over this one and then next time you like the girl and think she might like you, too, be brave and ask her for a date. Do so until you find a girl that will reprocitate. And there will be one, you just have to go out there, meet the girls and not be afraid of refusal. Many guys do not even bother to think and analyze weather a girl like them or not - they like them, they try and if they are lucky, they have a date.

Hope you get better soon and carry on with your life.

SomethingGenuine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2024, 11:39 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I am so sorry that she turned as it's always hard when you like someone but they don't necessarily like you back. However, I feel that she could have been more upfront with you.

"I really appreciate the invitation but I don't really feel the same way back. However, I think you are a great friend.":

Yeah I would much have rather her be real with me than lie to my face. I trusted her too, she treated me differently than others before. I don’t know why she did this.

SomethingGenuine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2024, 11:40 am

honeytoast wrote:

Yeah I super liked her lol. I don’t expect anything though. If she already rejected me irl, why would she like my profile.

SomethingGenuine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2024, 11:41 am

DazyDaisy wrote:
I can't count on how many times I have missinterpreted signs of weather is someone into me or not. For many guys that did like me I missed to see the signs, while others I thought they were into me have, actually, only been friendly or ambivalent. Eventually, I got so discouraged that I never let someone know I liked them unless they very openly showed that they are interested.

So don't get discouraged like me, especially if this was your first attempt to ask a girl for a date. Give yourself a time to get over this one and then next time you like the girl and think she might like you, too, be brave and ask her for a date. Do so until you find a girl that will reprocitate. And there will be one, you just have to go out there, meet the girls and not be afraid of refusal. Many guys do not even bother to think and analyze weather a girl like them or not - they like them, they try and if they are lucky, they have a date.

Hope you get better soon and carry on with your life.

See I generally am hesitant to think about girls being interested in me but this one girl im talking about went ABOVE AND BEYOND what other girls have done to the fact that I was about 90% sure she liked me.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2024, 1:25 pm

SomethingGenuine wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

Yeah I super liked her lol. I don’t expect anything though. If she already rejected me irl, why would she like my profile.

Hell yeah brother.

You never know! You can say that you tried again when there was something perceived as an opening. If she doesn't respond, then I'm sorry.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2024, 1:37 am

Sweet Pea hugs