Are things supposed to get better after a world crisis?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:18 am

babybird wrote:
I don't know if things get better. Things certainly never get back to how they were and most people find it easy to move on to a new way, whether that's a better way or
not

over 55 say "no ..! :( ". (unless your a politician),,then the,younger than 25 say "yes". :D ... imho..and inbetween is up for grabs or a mixed bag of opinions... :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

SailorsGuy12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Mar 2024, 7:30 pm

At least 60 years ago we still had the illusion of innocence.
The decline arguably began after WW2 or as the reaction to it.
The political assassinations in the 1960s and Vietnam were probably the first crisis that affected us in a very negative way.

"Capitalism" or free-market != oppression

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2024, 8:31 pm

Its a matter of perspective - Better for some folks is often worse for others. Even a "happily ever after story" ends badly for someone else involved.

AnnaTheSquirrel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Mar 2024, 4:15 am

DanielW wrote:
Its a matter of perspective - Better for some folks is often worse for others. Even a "happily ever after story" ends badly for someone else involved.

for individuals yes.

OP muses about the general (inter)national state of affairs though. With lots of caveats some general answers can be given.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 8:25 am

But..but.? I was raised to believe in Happily Ever After.....?...or maybe they meant for me to have "hope" ?
(( The real question is if after all you might have gone through to get to what ever point your at..?))
And you did not have this illusion ( uninspired word choice here) would you do it again , or Just cash in your chips early
:( ........ :( .......... :( ........ :evil: .......... :ninja: ......... :roll: .........? :nerdy:

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 9:37 am

AnnaTheSquirrel wrote:
OP muses about the general (inter)national state of affairs though. With lots of caveats some general answers can be given.

The same dynamic applies - A country that wins a war will see the positive side, not so the losers.

SailorsGuy12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Mar 2024, 5:11 pm

I'm starting to question if we really have complete free will. If we are talking about choosing between two options, yes we have that kind of free will, but there are a lot of things out of our control and the whole world might be just guided on some level by fate or luck. You can't control where or when you were born and the conditions of the era or location which you were born in history entails. A lot of the world's religions have some form of prophecy that foretells the direction of humanity and the belief that the God in their religion is sovereign.

"Capitalism" or free-market != oppression

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 10:46 am

SailorsGuy12 wrote:
I'm starting to question if we really have complete free will. If we are talking about choosing between two options, yes we have that kind of free will, but there are a lot of things out of our control and the whole world might be just guided on some level by fate or luck. You can't control where or when you were born and the conditions of the era or location which you were born in history entails. A lot of the world's religions have some form of prophecy that foretells the direction of humanity and the belief that the God in their religion is sovereign.

This kind of thought process ( i think) is why the phrase , "You drank the KoolAide." meaning , you believed in the propaganda you are being fed, by the powers that be .[ KoolAide reference from the Jim Jones Massacre,where people , his congregation was poisoned with koolaide.given to them by their leader] ....
References to Gawd, has changed so many times since civilization has changed , if you believe the earth is over a million years old .That it might be considered ridiculous ,to give this deity any one name .( If you follow acheological documentaries concerning, ancient excavations / discoveries .) And a great many of those civilizations.Survived much longer than ours ,currently is ! 8O . . . . (Must admit to my own current bias to Jesus).
But things like Sphinx or Pyramids , or the continent MU , The site of Gobekli Tempi ,Had Gawds ( Ra, Toth,etc)that lasted much longer than ours based on archeological research stuff. .
Btw SailorGuy12 welcome to Wrong Planet. :D