Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 11:21 am

I don't experience verbal shutdown a lot, but it has happened. I decided to get some AAC cards in case this happens, or for the next time I'm extremely overwhelmed... went to Etsy, browsed a couple minutes. Found a pack I liked for an inexpensive price. Downloaded the images to my phone.

The particular pack I got has 25 cards and the cards give ways to answer simple questions, and communicate different needs and experiences (ie, "I am in extreme pain" or "I am having a meltdown/shutdown", "I need to leave this environment")

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 11:59 am

I use AAC sometimes, but I have software for it in my phone and tablet. I thought about cards, but I'm also ADHD, so its one less thing to have to carry or lose (I always forget something I need when I go out)

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2024, 10:34 pm

Ah! That sounds like the better option, actually. I have downloaded an app after reading this :)

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD