4th bday party turned murder mystery whodunnit?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 7:01 pm

Or something like that.

At a 4th bday party rn. Here’s the view from the party hall balcony:

I saw 2 silver cars pulled over on my first pass by. It’s not abnormal for people to park there - some go fishing, others walk dogs along the dykes around farms etc. I saw a gas door open and figured maybe one car ran out of gas and the other stopped to deliver or whatever.

Went to toys r us for a gift, came back and the road is blocked with cops everywhere and cops and victim services in the parking lot here with one of the silver cars and some distraught looking people.

Others with better phone cameras than mine zoomed in and took pics and zoomed in on the pics to see that there’s a body bag on the ground at the side of the road by the cluster of cop cars.

They were normal cars. A civic and some other similar vehicle. The people looked like families, but no young kids. No idea if it was a domestic dispute, road rage, gangster s**t ? :? But one thing is certain - someone died and with all the police around I highly doubt it was of natural causes.

Also, little Kali is 4 (technically on Monday) & had a Lion King themed party, lots of sandwiches, snacks, cookies, cake & cupcakes. Definitely a family birthday party none of the adults present are going to soon forget.. 8O

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 7:09 pm

It would be an attractive beginning, if it were a novel

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 7:54 pm

That would make a great paperback.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 8:22 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
That would make a great paperback.

Feel free to write it!

Location you may recognize as being the view from The Ridge @ Bose Farms on 64th Ave in Cloverdale.

IF I ever wrote a book or two I have different ideas entirely. Wouldn’t be this story.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 11:18 pm

Nothing about it in the latest  Cloverdale Reporter .

Cloverdale Reporter
15288 54a Ave., Unit 210, Surrey, BC V3S 6T4

Do I have the right news source?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 11:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nothing about it in the latest  Cloverdale Reporter .

Cloverdale Reporter
15288 54a Ave., Unit 210, Surrey, BC V3S 6T4

Do I have the right news source?

Yep, I guess so. I've never seen that newspaper or website before. I live in the neighbourhood where their office is - which isn't Cloverdale - so wouldn't likely receive their paper IF they do a print version.

Maybe the circumstances surrounding whatever went down are such that it won't be in the media? That happens I think. Also, I never noticed any media vehicles or anything so maybe no one scrambled anyone there for a story.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 4:34 am

Is this it?

https://www.cloverdalereporter.com/news ... ch-7319558

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 6:07 am

Wow, that's really amazing....You still have Toys 'R Us in Canada??

Anyway, could have been an accident, or someone had a heart attack. Not necessarily foul play. Then again...

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 6:10 am

Fnord wrote:

I think that's too far to the east.

Surrey is the town right over the Washington state border that stretches all the way up near-to Vancouver. I was there like 20 years ago. It was interesting: driving along, I saw an Asian farmer, compete with one of those traditional broad-brim hats like in Kung Fu, tending to a field. Don't think I've ever seen that on this side of the border.

It would be interesting, though, if the Surrey body and the Chilliwack body were dumped by the same people. Maybe this was some gang or drug murder thing and the bodies were dispersed in several BC locales. Maybe there are more to come.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 2:49 pm

Fnord wrote:

Nope. That’s about 80km/1hr drive away.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 2:56 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I think that's too far to the east.

Surrey is the town right over the Washington state border that stretches all the way up near-to Vancouver. I was there like 20 years ago. It was interesting: driving along, I saw an Asian farmer, compete with one of those traditional broad-brim hats like in Kung Fu, tending to a field. Don't think I've ever seen that on this side of the border.

It would be interesting, though, if the Surrey body and the Chilliwack body were dumped by the same people. Maybe this was some gang or drug murder thing and the bodies were dispersed in several BC locales. Maybe there are more to come.

Surrey is a city and it’s HUGE. It covers more area than Vancouver, Richmond, and Burnaby combined. Ranges from farmland to condo towers and everything in between. People who live in Vancouver and don’t drive and have never come to the suburbs don’t even comprehend how large it is.

Most farms here are now owned by Indian immigrant families. And some other Asians. Still some European descendant farm owners mostly farther East in the valley.

I don’t think it was a midday body dump/find. I assume the deceased was one of the passengers in the cars. Makes the most sense.

Chilliwack body.. if it was a body dump then most likely drug gang stuff. But could have been some elderly person out for a walk that tripped and hit their head for all we know. But with the state of local drug gang turd wars I’d bet a $1 it was a body dump. Happens quite a bit these days.