Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 12:00 pm

Do you naturally put on a fair few pounds in weight between your 20s - 30s?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 12:23 pm

Many people do, yes.

Especially people who eat an unhealthy diet. A lot of people can get away with doing that in their twenties but in their thirties it starts to show on their body - in excess fat and such.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 12:48 pm

My dad was stuck thin all his life but all he ate was deep fried food

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 3:44 pm

I have noticed not a lot of people like to see me without a shirt on and even though I walk a lot and lift weights.

Do you think me weighing 168-170 pounds at about 5ft8 has something to with that?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:01 pm

I hate to see man out in public with no shirt on no matter what body type they have.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:02 pm

babybird wrote:
I hate to see man out in public with no shirt on no matter what body type they have.

Why? I wouldn’t mind seeing a naked woman in public :wink:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:03 pm

:lol:

Yeah I know

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:07 pm

babybird wrote:

Yeah I know

I don’t understand why so many straight women find the male body unappealing?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:12 pm

I don't find it unappealing. I just have a thing where I don't like to see topless men parading down the high street or in shops or buses or libraries

I like it on the beach or somewhere like that but not down the fruit and veg aisle in Aldi.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:15 pm

Anyway it's a bit cold for thinking about going out topless yet Jamesy

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2024, 4:22 pm

Yes. In high school and late teen-25(for some), not only is the body still putting energy into developing, but the school lifestyle often is more active than many working adult lifestyles (such as in office, teaching, laboratory). If the job after school is not somewhat active (like floor worker at store, construction, waiter, etc) then activity or metabolism would need to be kept up by walking more, working out at a gym, or building muscle (to build metabolism).

Metabolism also decreases with a decrease in muscle percentage. Muscle mass tends to decrease with age especially because of changes in activity and changes in ability to actively grow muscle through exercise. But it is a small change until after the 50s (around 5% decress or less per decade before 50s I think).

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2024, 4:24 pm

babybird wrote:
I don't find it unappealing. I just have a thing where I don't like to see topless men parading down the high street or in shops or buses or libraries

I like it on the beach or somewhere like that but not down the fruit and veg aisle in Aldi.

Are you telling me that stores allow topless men?! The only stores in my area that allow topless or shoeless customers are by the beach! Most stores or businesses in general where I am have a pretty strict written (or unwritten) "No Shoes, No Shirt NO SERVICE" policy. It is considered unsanitary if there are food service areas or food products.

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2024, 4:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
babybird wrote:

Yeah I know

I don’t understand why so many straight women find the male body unappealing?

How many straight men find the male body unappealing. We are looking at the same thing :lol: (I am joking.)

I don't think many straight women think the male body is unappealing. I think women just tend to be less .. outspoken? They talk about their appreciation less openly and less often.

Maybe there is also some more shyness. I would be so embarrassed if I saw a shirtless man walking down the street, I would probably stare at the ground! but maybe men would not feel the same seeing a woman in a bra in public :roll:

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have noticed not a lot of people like to see me without a shirt on and even though I walk a lot and lift weights.

Do you think me weighing 168-170 pounds at about 5ft8 has something to with that?

I don't think the weight has anything to do with it. That is not at all fat, especially if you lift weights. Muscle is heavier than fat.

I think people just try not to look at people that are half naked or naked. It's shyness and to not invade others' privacy. Most people don't like to be gawked at and many are self-conscious about their body so I think that makes them not want to feel as if they are staring at or judging others.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:39 pm

elotepreparado wrote:
babybird wrote:

Are you telling me that stores allow topless men?! The only stores in my area that allow topless or shoeless customers are by the beach! Most stores or businesses in general where I am have a pretty strict written (or unwritten) "No Shoes, No Shirt NO SERVICE" policy. It is considered unsanitary if there are food service areas or food products.

Well I'm the UK and we only get about 2 weeks worth of summer where it's hot enough to go topless. But yeah I've seen men in recent times go into shops topless.

They don't go barefooted though. I mean that's bordering on the obscene

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 4:49 pm

babybird wrote:
elotepreparado wrote:
babybird wrote:

Well I'm the UK and we only get about 2 weeks worth of summer where it's hot enough to go topless. But yeah I've seen men in recent times go into shops topless.

They don't go barefooted though. I mean that's bordering on the obscene