Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 10:17 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
rse92 wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Are you too ugly to date?

Possibly.

The only people who can actually make that call are the ones you're actually interested in dating in the first place. If those people find you ugly and don't want to date you, then, yes, you're too ugly to date (them).

No not at all. Don't take this ^^^ jagoff seriously.

Embark upon a serious journey of self-improvement - which not just include weight loss but also fitness, grooming, age appropriate clothes, work hard, improve you job, prospects and career, save money, get your own place and car, put away childish things -- and you will see results. 29 is not too old at all.

If someone you found unattractive wanted to date you, you'd probably reject her (or him). If there's no physical attraction, it isn't going to work.

If the people he's going after don't find him attractive, then he is "too ugly" to date THEM. Is this such an outrageous concept, man?

There's a difference between wanting to believe something, and actually acknowledging the reality of something. 'Jagoffs' like me are often demonized for our honesty.

There are gradations between unattractive and ugly. Thinking one can pull a better looking guy (or girl) doesn't mean the rejected person is too ugly.

And I'm the most honest guy on this board. I've had posts nuked for it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 10:32 am

You're good looking. I'd date you if I was a woman.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 10:40 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
First I would say "is someone else in control of your appearance?"

No one is really in control of anyone's appearance, even their own. You can control the clothes you wear, the haircut you have, whether or not you have tattoos and piercings. Maybe even your weight and muscles.

The point I was making you can control "self inflicted "wounds such as your weight or self esteem.

But you can't control your face, height, etc. Genetics determine that. And you can't make another person attracted to you if they're not. This is just reality.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 11:28 am

What is your height and weight? Men who do not have naturally sharp facial features should get the there body fat percentage down to 10%

You remind me a bit of Sacha Baron Cohen

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 11:37 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Aspinator wrote:
First I would say "is someone else in control of your appearance?"

No one is really in control of anyone's appearance, even their own. You can control the clothes you wear, the haircut you have, whether or not you have tattoos and piercings. Maybe even your weight and muscles.

But you can't control your face, height, etc. Genetics determine that. And you can't make another person attracted to you if they're not. This is just reality.

Being of greater height is not always an advantage since taller people don’t live as long. That biology

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 11:59 am

Jamesy wrote:
What is your height and weight? Men who do not have naturally sharp facial features should get the there body fat percentage down to 10%

Not everyone needs to look emaciated or "hatchet-faced" to get a date, and making remarks like that to people isn't kind or helpful.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:01 pm

StrugglingFrustration wrote:
I've been doing some deep thinking about being 29 and never having a kiss or girlfriend. I know my face is very below average and even though weight loss can fix some of it, I feel I might need cosmetic surgery to take care of the rest. Here my link: https://imgur.com/a/LGZLAAD

I think you look just fine. I date you if you were in to guys.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:01 pm

DanielW wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Not everyone needs to look emaciated or "hatchet-faced" to get a date, and making remarks like that to people isn't kind or helpful.

No I was not trying to be unkind I was just trying to give advice (even if it was misguided)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:05 pm

If you were to observe couples in public spaces, you’d probably find that people of diverse weights, heights, body types, and other physical characteristics find partners.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:07 pm

DanielW wrote:
StrugglingFrustration wrote:
I've been doing some deep thinking about being 29 and never having a kiss or girlfriend. I know my face is very below average and even though weight loss can fix some of it, I feel I might need cosmetic surgery to take care of the rest. Here my link: https://imgur.com/a/LGZLAAD

I think you look just fine. I date you if you were in to guys.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with what you look like. You're certainly not ugly

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:20 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
If you were to observe couples in public spaces, you’d probably find that people of diverse weights, heights, body types, and other physical characteristics find partners.

If you observe people in nightclubs it’s usually the guys over 6ft who walk out with the girl. But nightclubs are just a waste of time and not reality.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:22 pm

That’s not what I’ve observed. However, the OP hasn’t expressed any interest in nightclubs or concerns about height specifically.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:33 pm

I have not observed that either Jamesy.

There are plenty of guys below 6ft who get with women in nightclubs - NT's particularly.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:35 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

There are plenty of guys below 6ft who get with women in nightclubs - NT's particularly.

Aspie guys can get women nightclubs as well

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:36 pm

Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

True, but it is harder due to autism for most autistic folk, I would imagine. Non-verbal body language can be influential in nightclubs when people can't hear each other speak because of the loud music.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2024, 12:43 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

True, but it is harder due to autism for most autistic folk, I would imagine. Non-verbal body language can be influential in nightclubs when people can't hear each other speak because of the loud music.

What about pubs though?