Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Feb 2024, 1:14 am

I follow a typical white diet that I've heard is common with people who have ASD.
I eat potato's (fries), bread, rice and meat

I don't eat fruits or vegetables.
Most vegetables and fruits make me gag

My question is
Can a picky eater loose weight without eating things like fruits and vegetables?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 1:16 am

Change your hormones and activity levels.

Former can be different foods or certain drugs depending on your metabolism.
Latter is another matter.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 1:29 am

Cutting out the sugary drinks is always a good start ! !

EntropicExplorer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2024, 4:18 pm

I see you're 27.

There's a few options open to you depending on your capacity, or lack thereof, and or levels of desperation. They range from exercise, to lowering your intake to match your caloric daily burn or, even...THC.

I've utilised those 3 options over the years with varying degrees of success. For me, the superior tactic was the last one mentioned. However, it comes with risks and potential legal implications depending on what country you're in.

*edit* I see you're in Australia, so there would be legal implications for that aforementioned last option.

ChiefEspatier
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Feb 2024, 4:25 pm

jamie0.0 wrote:
I follow a typical white diet that I've heard is common with people who have ASD.
I eat potato's (fries), bread, rice and meat

I don't eat fruits or vegetables.
Most vegetables and fruits make me gag

My question is
Can a picky eater loose weight without eating things like fruits and vegetables?

The easy answer is no. You can lose wait doing anything, but long term you're gonna have to eat green vegies of some kind(fruits are mostly worthless fyi)

All vegies are not equal. There's 100s of different vegetables and I like about 10 and it took me 20 years to figure that out.

The mistake is assuming there's one way to make them, when there's a pile of different things you can do to make the foot work.

I can't stand crunchy vegetables, smelly onions etc, but there's plenty of tricks I've learned to work them into my diet.

i.e. backed potatoes, cut them up like french fries and then drench them in cheese.

Once you like that, experiment with tomatoes etc. The trick is always to be experimenting.

Another key is remember you like predictable foods, you're not necessarily picky, you just hate surprises.

The benefit of being on the spectrum is if you find something you like you can really like that thing. So in some ways it's really easy to diet.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2024, 8:54 pm

I tried so hard to make a healthier diet but I have failed. Ultimately, my doctor has just put me on a weight-loss pill, which did wonders for me! (I'm off of it right now but am going to talk to her about getting back on it).

It's incredibly hard to formulate a healthy diet when you can eat so little things. I know that very well.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 9:01 pm

Fruit is NOT worthless.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2024, 9:15 pm

Can you eat the same things you have always eaten but just change the amounts of each? More meat, fewer or no french fries, and moderate amounts of potatoes, bread, and rice.